Chapter Two

Dedicated  dreamswill

"...Because I hurt you...I hurt me too." ~Anonymous

<><><>

CJ

   I groaned in agony, feeling my body slam against the hard pavement. "Fuck." I cursed, rolling on to my side. Grunts escaped my lips, as I pushed myself off the ground, coming face to face with the huge, bulky security guard that threw me out of the club.

   "Fuck you, man." I laughed completely shit faced.

   A right hook to the jaw and I was right back on the pavement like the peice of shit I was. I could taste the blood filling my mouth, causing me to laugh even harder before spitting the crimson red onto the ground.

   "Come back here if you want to, you'll be leaving in an ambulance."

   I heard the slamming off the alley door, chuckling as I put my back against the brick wall. From the dim light of the alley, I could see my bruised, bloody knuckles.

   That's going to hurt like a bitch tomorrow.

   "Yo, CJ, what the hell was that?" I heard the voice of my best friend Remy. I looked to see the blonde running down the alley towards me. "Did you have to hit the guy?" She asked kneeling down to me. "Ah, shit dude, you're bleeding."

   I shrugged. "I'll heal. Besides, totally worth it. The guy was a dick."

She laughed. "For not giving you his girl?"

"Well that and his face just looked punchable."

   She shook her head, laughing again. "You're fucking crazy."

   "No, I'm hungry as fuck. Help me up."
    She stood, and helped me to my feet. Keeping my arm around her shoulder, she helped me walk down the alley. "How are we going to explain this to my Mom?"

   We turned the corner, walking down the sidewalk. "Tell her the guy was a homophobe and I was defending your honor."

   She scoffed. "She'll never believe that."

   "Why not?"

   "Cause if that happened, I would be locked up, risking getting hit with assault charges like last time."

   I laughed in reminisce. "If your Mom hadn't flirted with that cop you would totally be some butch's bitch."

   She joined in the laughter. "Thank god for my Mom."

   It got quiet as we continued to walk. I was starving, and hitting the bottom of my drunkenness. I wasn't going to make it home and I needed to get off my feet.

   The open sign of a diner caught my attention and I made her stop, suddenly craving pancakes. "Hey, stop, pancakes. On me."