Chapter 8: "Jealous"

What the fuck just happened? I questioned to myself. I was inside the bathroom splashing water over my face, trying to keep my nerves under control. I knew this would be a bad idea. Coming back to work was a mess, I was a mess. It looks like we can't keep our hands to ourselves.

I was beyond frustrated with the situation. I knew this was wrong but why do I want to go back to his room, and let him finish up what he started?

I finally got out from the washroom, glancing around to make sure Asher wasn't around.

The entire day, Asher and I avoided each other. Through Mr. Brandon, Asher sent some busy work while I just sent it back through him. Mr. Brandon was beyond exasperated, but he didn't word any protest. Seems like Asher gave him a good talk.

I finished my work and headed to home. Sydney was there for me. She made us some instant ramen and I devoured that like my last meal.

"You didn't have your lunch?" Sydney asked.

"Nope," I quickly answered, inhaling the noodles.

Syd waited for me to finish my ramen, and after I was finished, she took both the bowls to the sink.

She came back, sitting beside me. "So how was your day?"

"It was fine. Nothing interesting really."

"There was no awkwardness between you and him?"

"There was, but we got past that."

"Wow. I thought you guys would be all over each other after that night. God knows I would be."

"Hmm." If only she knew what happened. I was feeling guilty about lying to her but I wasn't ready to tell this to her, or anyone, just yet. I needed some time to think and breathe.

. . .

Unfortunately, Friday came along way too quickly and I was nervously ready for the trip to Barbados. My bag was all packed and Sydney forced me to take some swimsuits too, since there are incredible shores there.

"Are you kidding? You're going to Barbados and not even bringing a bikini? Not on my watch!" I complied. Arguing with Sydney is useless, she always gets her way. Besides she was right, I might feel like going for a swim amid the workload.

Asher and I had started talking to each other through the week, though the discomfort was not completely gone yet. We didn't trust each other alone in a closed room so I would always keep his door open whenever I would enter his cabin. He didn't object and I would leave immediately after we were done.

Sydney was elated about me going to Barbados, more than me actually. "You finally get to have an official summer vacation!" she squealed.

"It's a work trip, Syd. I'll be attending meetings instead of sunbathing on the beach."

"Yeah whatever, same thing. By the way why is Mr. Billionaire interested in going to Barbados?"

"For some kind of business deal, something with a hotel corporation."

"Oh." The Jones Industry was a shipping enterprise. So I was confused to why would Asher be interested in the hotel industry all of a sudden. As far as my research goes, the Jones Industry was never particularly interested in hotels, until now.

Jasper and Sydney escorted me downstairs, helping me by carrying my single mini luggage and an oversized handbag. The bags weren't heavy at all, but Syd and Jasper insisted.

Asher said a car would be waiting for me in front of my apartment. We all waited for my ride while we made small talk.

"We are gonna miss you Armelle," Sydney cooed, hugging me tightly.