Chapter 7

I know I’m awake properly now, I just haven’t opened my eyes yet. I have this really weird feeling stirring in my stomach but it’s definitely a good one. I feel really powerful which sounds weird but I do, like I could command the world right from this spot.

It was when I started thinking about where this spot actually is that I realised it can’t be the couch in my closet that I tucked myself into last night, it’s way too comfy plus the fact that I just rolled over – a feat which would’ve have been impossible without falling on my face to the floor.

I peeked one eye open and saw Drake gazing at me from his side of the bed, and when I say gazing I mean gazing - it’s actually kind of scary.

I opened the other eye too now and cautiously shuffled back in the bed using my palms to push me away from him when I felt the bed disappear. I waited for the thud and pain and also Drake’s laugh but none if it came instead I felt arms around my middle and pressure on my head like you get when you let your head hang off of the end of the sofa.

I opened my eyes which had shut reflexively shut on my way down and found myself suspended between the floor and the bed, my hair falling around my face as I stared in shock at the floor.

Drake pulled me back onto the bed with ease and turned me around to face him with a frown.

“You should be more careful Charlotte – if I wasn’t here you would’ve hurt yourself”.

“Why am I here”?

“Because angel you can’t sleep on that couch anymore it’s not comfortable”.

“So give me another room”.

“Why would I do that? You’re in our room in our bed with me and that’s the way it should be”.

“It never used to bother you where I slept”.

“It’s always bothered me Charlotte”.

“Whatever”.

He sighed almost wistfully “Are you hungry”?

“Nope, I’m going for a shower”.

“Don’t take too long will you”?

“Why”?

Drake reached a hand over to stroke my cheek and I couldn’t help the twitch that jerked my body when he touched me. I could tell he was trying to ignore it but he wasn’t succeeding.

“Because, I’ll miss you” he murmured while my eyes widened to a worrying degree.

“You’ll what now”?

“Miss you, so hurry, please”.

“Are you feeling ok? Not that I care or anything but you’re starting to scare me”.

He sighed and quicker than I could comprehend I was pinned under his body to the bed.

“Don’t be mean angel it doesn’t suit you”.

Drake was whispering against my lips and it took all of my strength to not pull his lips to mine with force.

I did my best to ignore it and decided to have some fun with this instead – after all I am feeling powerful this morning.

So I reached up a hand and stroked his cheek. “Oh I don’t know, I think it looks quite good on me actually”.

 I Let my fingers glide down to his neck enjoying the effect of him shivering when they touched on the spot that I know I sucked his blood from – I’m not sure how I know because I can’t see the mark; it had healed over perfectly – but I was just drawn to it for some reason.