Chapter 9

I AM SOOOOO SORRY ABOUT THE WAIT!  i KNOW ITS BEEN AGES AND A COUPLE OF YOU HAVE RIGHTFULLY TOLD ME SO AND I REALLY DON'T WANT TO BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR SOMEONE GOING INSANE SO HERE YOU GO - ENJOY AND DON'T FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT!!!!!!!!!!!

lildaydreamerxxxx

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up on something relatively cold and firm but strangely enough I was unbelievably comfortable – more than comfortable, I felt safe and somehow even warm so I snuggled myself deeper into whatever or wherever it is that I fell asleep.

A soft hum lifted from my lips as I felt a very delicate pattern being drawn into the skin of my back, it was gentle and intricate but oddly made me ache at the same time as it soothed me. I opened my eyes slowly with curiosity and jumped back from Drake who looked just as startled as I felt.

“What’s wrong? Did you have a bad dream”? He asked reaching his hand out to stroke my cheek lightly.

I’m beginning to feel very unsure especially with his being gentle all of a sudden, the man is looking at me like I’m about to fall apart. “No, what the hell is going on”?  

“What do you mean”?

“What am I doing here”? I yelled backing away from him and being very careful to make sure that I still had my towel around me.

“You didn’t want to sleep in the closet or be alone after last night, you do remember last night don’t you”? Last night? Oh.

I can feel my fear dilate my eyes; how could I forget? I was almost murdered – decapitated to be exact until Drake had saved me that is... Drake saved me, that’s right.  I look at Drake again trying size his plans up and I just can’t see why he would do it. Why he would go through the trouble? I mean we both know that he doesn’t love me nor has he ever wanted a mate anyway so why not get rid of the problem? How perfect would it be to have me taken out without even having to dirty his own hands?

Drake reached a hand out – I’m guessing to stroke my cheek but I took myself away before he could and of course before I could completely leave the bed he had me pinned underneath him. I hate it when this happens – I can’t think when he’s so close and touching me, well I can except only about how I want him closer and where else I want him to touch me.

“Charlotte, you don’t have to be afraid anymore Angel I told you that I got rid of him – he’s not coming back and no one else is going to hurt you, ever”.

“Except you you mean”. I was waiting for the fury of yesterday but instead he seemed to freeze up as he closed his eyes like he was praying for strength. I watched Drake open his eyes slowly, they aren’t dark like before, hmm.

“I won’t hurt you Charlotte and the sooner you accept that the better”.

“You just don’t get it do you? You made me this way so you can pout and scream and act the changed man till you’re blue in the face but you did this – you did – nobody else”!

“I know” he whispered looking down instead of into my eyes before he looked back again. “Tell me how to fix it, because I’ve tried I have –“

“When? When have you ever tried”? I raised my voice with my exasperation.

“When I came to see you – the night the witch banished me –“

“Her name is Milly and she’s my friend” I said sternly.

“Yes, right then, Milly – the night she did her voodoo or whatever the hell it was. I tried then, I came back to you and when I saw that your lights were off I got angry because I knew you were trying to hide from me again that’s why I was so short with you – and then! You go and explain to me how you’re going to keep me out of your life! How do you think that went down in my head? I know I should know better but sweetheart you know better than anyone the kind of temper I’ve got.