Chapter 5

It was nearly eleven. Olivia was still not asleep. She wished she had'nt slept in the evening. It had been two hours since she had been lying on her bed.

Olivia pulled the sky blue curtains and opened the window to let some gentle cold air in. When she felt cold, she would lie under the blankets and that would make her fall asleep.

The wind was very rough outside. Olivia lied on her bed and stared at the full moon which could be seen through her window. The moon really looked creepy when it hid behind the black clouds.

Olivia stared at the moon for a very long time. Then suddenly a very cold and rough wind blew inside through the window.

She got up from her bed to close the window. Before closing it, she saw something which caught her attention. It was the same mysterious flying lights near the forest. They were of different colours.

Olivia looked at her secret place

Olivia looked at her secret place. The bright blue light was flying again in her secret place.

This time Olivia decided to go outside and find out about those mysterious flying lights. Her secret way was blocked but this time, she did not need it to go out. She could directly go out through the front door.

Olivia quickly dressed herself up in a black warm fluffy gown. It might be cold outside.

She quietly opened the door and went towards her stepmother's room taking a torch in her hand. She peeped into the room through a small hole. The room was dark. Olivia was sure that her stepmother was asleep.

After dinner, her stepmother would lock herself up in her room and do some work. She would keep the lights on. Since the room was dark, Olivia understood that she was asleep.

Olivia slowly went downstairs. She made her way towards the front door with slow, heavy steps. Olivia did not care to see her stepsisters. They fell asleep as soon as they lied on their beds.

Olivia quietly opened the front door and walked outside. It was the first time Olivia came out so late in the night.

Olivia fastened her steps. She was going towards her secret place. As soon as she neared the secret place, she saw bright lights in her secret place. They were flying.

Olivia was thrilled. Though she came out, she never expected them to be there, still.

She ran towards her secret place and hid behind a bush. There was only one in the evening, now there were many. From the bush, she could not figure out what they were, but she could clearly say they had wings.

She tiptoed near her secret place and hid behind the tree. When one of them came nearer, she suddenly ran and caught one of them.

As a result, the others got scared and flew away, into the forest.

Olivia sat under a tree and opened her hand to see what she had just caught.

It was some peculiar creauture or maybe a tiny fairy. It had shining blue wings and jet black hair. It was saying something. Perhaps, it was pleading to let it go into the forest. It was really tiny and was about the size of thumb.

Olivia was astonished as well as surprised. Fairies did exist! She never believed in the world of magic. There had been many gossips about magical creatures in the forest and she thought they were just rumours.

But this time, it was different. There was a fairy creature standing just before her. Olivia did not know what to do.

Suddenly, the fairy or whatever it was, took a chance and escaped from her hands. It flew back into the forest.

Olivia ran after it. She just wanted to get it. Olivia did not realise when she entered the forest.

Olivia ran and ran. She followed it till it was out of sight. Olivia sadly turned to go but then she realised she was lost.

She was surrounded by large and twisted, yellow trees. Olivia started to walk back but that couldn't help her find the way.

She was completely lost in some unknown forest. She started to repent her decision of chasing the fairy like creature. She was a fool to follow it to the forest. The more she walked, the more she got deeper into the forest. Olivia just could not remember the way she came. A tear escaped her eye. She began weeping.

Olivia was terribly tired. Her legs were also paining. She sat down under a tree to rest and eventually she fell asleep.

Hello readers! So here is the fifth update. Do tell me how you like it in the comments. And please vote. It inspires me to write the next chapters. Any suggestion is welcome. Thank you.
- Edith