Chapter 11

Olivia woke up when she heard some voices. She opened her eyes gently and slowly they adjusted themselves in the bright light. She was a room but certainly not in the room where she had fell asleep.

Olivia tried to rub her eyes with her hands but she could not. Her hands were tied. It took her a few moments to realize that she was tied up in a room filled with people. The thought that she was trapped horrified her.

Where was she? She was supposed to be in her new room. But she wasn't.

"Look at her, she is awake." a familiar voice said.

Olivia looked up at the person. To her horror, it was Audrey. Olivia did not know who exactly the people were. She did not know much of them. Bit she could recognise Stalia's face among them. Suddenly, realisation hit her. She was indeed trapped. The people were up to something. What if they will kill her? No, she could not die. She did not want to die.

The people stayed still for sometime. Olivia's vision began to blur. Everything was slowly becoming blurry. What was happening to her? Everything was going bad. Olivia screamed at the top of her voice.

Suddenly Olivia sat up in her bed with her heart pounding. A dream. A bad dream.

"It waa just a nightmare. Everything's okay." Olivia said trying to console herself.

She looked at the clock. It was eight. There was one hour left for dinner. But she did not feel like eating or sleeping either.

She could not help but think about the strange dream she had some time ago. What if the dream was true? Though she knew that it was not at all true, she was sure that it meant something.

At that moment, she felt lonely and scared. She needed someone to be by her side. She felt as if something bad was going to happen. There was something fishy, something she did not know and did not wish to know. She felt horrible.

There was something bad about the castle where she was staying. She could not stay there anymore. She had to get out right then. She jumped from the bed and rushed towards the door.

However, there was a risk that someone might see her if she tried to escape from the door. She also did not know the way out. She might get lost. She just did not know what to do. From where to make an escape.

Olivia felt like she had saw a ladder while opening the window. She rushed to the window and quietly opened it. And there was a ladder leading to the ground.

She quietly took out a black robe with a cloak from the cupboard and put it on. She always liked to dress in black while she was doing something dangerous or wrong.

Olivia hurriedly climbed out of the window into the balcony and set one foot on the ladder. Then another foot. Within seconds she was in the ground. She had a last look at the castle. It was purple and white in colour. However, she could not exactly see it in the dark. Though it gave her shelter, there was something really bad about it.

Suddenly, she spotted a figure in the window. It could be Stalia. Olivia did not want to get caught. She ran as fast as she could. She ran till she was out of the compound.

She stopped for a while breathing heavily. She looked back. There was no one.

Suddenly, a voice said, "Get her. She is a big threat to us. Look she's there, over the field."

Olivia wasted no time. She was sure that the voice was saying about her.

She ran again. "What could they gain by catching her?" Olivia thought was she ran. There was some secret about her that she did not know. Why was she considered a threat? What about Audrey? She was really nice to her.

Suddenly, she stumbled upon something. Olivia looked down. It was a huge shining stone. Beside it lay a note. She picked it up.

The letters were faint. She could hardly see them in the dark. The first letter was 'D'. After some time, she figured it out. It said,"Don't." What was it?

Olivia was about to run again when a thought came into her mind. What if it meant don't leave it.

Olivia gently removed the stone. She was shocked when she lifted it. There was a passage. It led to somewhere. That was the perfect way to escape. There were Violet circular stairs leading downstairs.

Without thinking she quickly went a few steps down and once again closed the mouth of the passage with the shining stone.

Though it was dark outside the passage, the passage was lit with colourful lamps.

Olivia slowly went down the stairs. When she was down, she could hear some faint voices. They must have been the men chasing after her.

"She was here a while ago." one of them said.

"Queen Bellerose will be mad if we can't catch her." another voice said.

Who is queen Bellerose? Is the forest ruled by someone?

Olivia had no time to think about those things. She tried to run but there was a brown door infront of her.

What if the door was locked on the other side? Gaining all her courage, she quietly opened the door. She seemed to be ready for anything.

Surprisingly, the door opened. It made a little squeak but that was all.

As she came inside, she looked at the surroundings. Though it was night, the place was brightly lit like the steps. Olivia could feel she was standing on soft grass. Her old shoes were almost torn. Though she was tired, she was not hungry. Those four peculiar things that she had ate in the castle had made her stomach full. Perhaps the food had magic too.

Olivia tiredly proceeded forward. There were twisted yellow and green trees on the sides. They were beautifully decorated with fairy lights. L

Hours passed, and Olivia walked and walked, yet she came upon nothing. Her black dress was covered with dust. Her shoes were torn. It had been nearly four hours since Olivia entered the passage.

Finally, Olivia spotted a dim light coming from a distance. As she neared it, she saw that it was some house. She was relieved at the sight of the house.

She slowly approached the house and knocked at the door

She slowly approached the house and knocked at the door. Before anyone could open the door, Olivia fainted.

Hello readers! Hope you liked the chapter. Please vote and comment. It inspires me to write the next chapters. Any suggestion is welcome.
-Edith