A touch of poison by Ironkite critical review

A story about an unusual princess bred for a sinister purpose by her evil father. She seeks to find a way out of her scourge. Will she succeed? Or will her father's evil intentions prevail.

A friend once told me there are no more stories left. They've all been told. Ironkite proved her wrong. Exceptionally written,crystal clear description that draws us into Calderia to feel Gwenwyn's ,joy laughter, and pain. I cried,literally cried at her father's maltreatment, raged at Anifail's obnoxiousness,and fawned over the beautiful friendship of Rhosyn and Gwen. It is amazing how the past and present events merged together to create an amazing chronicle of love,defiance and hope in a not too magical world. It also shows us that you don't always need the overly perfect disney princess ending(you know,the part where the beast turns into a handsome prince) to make it perfect. Gwen didn't have to get cured,she just had to find someone just like her,even though I as a completely happy ending lover would have liked to see gwen hug Rhosyn,I settled for the nevertheless titillating end. Ironkite surprised me all the way by finding a way out of seemingly hopelessly sticky situations. All this he does without giving us nauseatingly boring author's notes. Its not a book for just girls,also not a book for boys,its a book for everyone who wants the unconventional princess story. I'm not surprised its getting published. I hope its a bestseller! This is practically the first book I read when I joined wattpad and I recommend every one should start with it too.

Strong- 88/100