Ch. 4: Ooh It's a Set Up

Dedicated to Obey_Janoskian thanks for the dedication in Mr. Player!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 4: Ooh, It's a Set Up!

4 hours of non-stop poking and talking and touching and urhhghh! I practically ran off the flight. Yeah, that's how bad it was. As soon as I stepped into the airport there was one thing missing that would usually greet me. Fans. Screaming fans, there was no one here other than the occasional person waiting for their flight. In less than 3 seconds my bodyguard joined me and escorted me to the car. It was about 5 minutes for the rest of the band to get there.

"What happened Aves? You ran off the plane pretty fast." James says smirking. The bastard probably wanted details about the flight with Zach.

"Absolutely nothing asshat." I reply with an overly happy smile on my face. Out of the corner of my eye I see Xander and Liz exchanging amused looks. The car starts to move and as we all settle into our seats I see the Rebels getting into their car.

I wonder where they're staying.

Not that I care, all i'm saying is what if they're in our hotel? It's a pretty small town we might not even be in a hotel it could just be a decent motel. Which means it's small and all I really want to do is avoid the Rebels as much as possible. I'm startled out of my thinking by Liz punching my arm.

"Avery! What do you think?"

Wait, what was the question. Uh, think fast, think fast.

"I think it's a great idea." I say hoping it makes sense with whatever they're asking me.

"You think it's a great idea to bond with the Rebels?" Xander says looking confused. Huh, of course my response made absolutely zero sense answering the question. Well can't do anything now might as well see how this works out.

"Definitely" I nod trying to look convincing, I see James exchanging a look with Xander, "if we're stuck in the same place as them for however long we're here we might as well try to get along. I'm not saying we will ,'cause they're stupid bastards, but we could... uh, try?" Damn, that last part sounded like a question.

"Avery agrees with me! Now stop being little bitch butts and make a pact boys!" Liz exclaims grabbing my hand and sticking both our hands in the middle. James makes a face.

"Did you just call us 'little bitch butts'? Little. Bitch. Butts?" He asks putting emphasis on the original insult.

"Seriously? Dude they want us to go get friendly with the Rebels and that's what you decide to think about?" Xander says looking incredulous.

"Come on man, you know how those two get when they make up their minds. There's no changing them so i'm just skipping our pitiful attempts." James sighs looking like he'd rather be playing Candy Crush than trying to change our minds.

"Whatever" Xander huffs out, slumping in his seat looking defeated. The limo door opens and we're greeted by seven tan stone houses. The houses each had a small pool and hot tub with probably some expensive electronics inside to keep us occupied. The houses were all set up next to each other with a semicircular driveway. There was a black iron gate surrounding the property which consisted of a fountain in the front and a lake in the back.

You see most people would be happy with living in these houses and under different circumstances I would have been one of those people. However I said different circumstances, there were seven houses. Plus the houses had names on the mailboxes and joy, oh joy, my little stone house was next to Zach's. Of course Liz and Xander got to be neighbors while James and I had to suffer being neighbors with the Rebels. To make it worse James was two houses away from me. His house was on the right after Zach's and Dylan's. On my left was Max's house, then Liz's and Xander's houses. I'm right smickaty smack in the middle.

"Aww Aves, you're so far from me!" Liz whined. "How we will have sleepovers and stuff? I'm stuck next to this dipshit" she jerked her thumb in Xander's direction, "and you're stuck in the middle." She pouted ignoring Xander's indigiant "Hey!".

"Plus she's stuck next to Jake" Xander teased drawing out the 'a' in 'Jake' longer than usual. At that James visibly stiffened, I turned to him with a questioning look but he just shook his head. Xander was the only one who didn't notice James' strange reaction. Liz looked at me silently asking for an explanation but a slight shake of my head told her I didn't know.

"How about we all check out our houses and meet up here, in front of the fountain?" Liz suggests. After we all nod we take off across the green yard to our houses. As I stand in front of my house I realize there aren't locks on the doors and the houses are actually quite close together seperated by a tall tree. I suppose there's no need for locks when we've got a super tall gate and guards patrolling the only entrance and exit to the property. As i'm putting my clothes away in the closet Liz bursts into the room practically bouncing around in excitement.

"What's up Liz? Your excitement is kind of creepy."

"Oh don't be such a sad Sally, Avery." She waves a hand in my face dismissing my comment. I snort.

"Sad Sally?" Usually it'd be don't be such a little bitch Avery.

"Yeah, i'm cutting down on cursing. Anyway I came here for a totally different reason. So I was putting my stuff away and I was thinking why is Aves next to Zach instead of like me, or James, or Xander? Then I realized 'ooh it's a set up!' they want you two to go out! Oh my god that'd be actually really cute! You gu-" I cut Liz off with my choking. Oh god I just choked on air. Liz starts pounding my back causing me to choke even more.

"Liz." She's still hitting my back.

"Liz!"

"Huh? What? Oh! Did you choke on your excitement on you and Zach being a couple? Ooh what's your couple name going to be?" She exclaims with a maniacal and scheming grin.

"No, it wasn't excitement I choked on." I mutter.

"Eh, you'll warm up to the idea." She says shrugging. "Anyway let's go meet up with the boys and go over what we have to do." With that she skips out of my room and out to the lawn, leaving me alone with my thoughts. What would it be like if Zach and I were a couple? Psh, that's a ridiculous idea, why am I even thinking about that? Time to head out to the lawn I guess.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yeah, not a cliffhanger. Sorry it took so long for an update guys! I just had the longest vacation without internet and when I typed it, it didn't save half of the chapter so I had to redo it and school is so stressful right now and *deep breath* I just can't. Thanks for being patient!

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

FAN

Thanks for reading! XOXO