Broken braches

Harley's point of view)

" mom were coming back from spring break.  it's not a big deal." He scolds walking towards the front door.

" it's middle school little tweet it's a big deal!" I yell running after him and fixing his jacket.

Years have gone by and he is my entire world. I can't go out much with him because people will recognize me.

The last time I did someone though I was his older sister. My aging slows down must faster because of the chemicals.

I don't want to embarrass him but I want to go with him sometimes and just be normal.

The color in my hair has faded leaving only a small hint or blue and red. Not much has changed about me. Except the life style.

I hated how normal I couldn't be, Robin complains every time I suggest we go shooting or hunting or play darts or anything I find pg13.

He's so much more mature than me and it drives me crazy.

" I love you little Robin." I kiss his forehead ruffling his hair .

" mom I'm not little anymore." He rolls his eyes giving me a hug before walking out the door into one of the SUV's the henchmen drive him in everyday.

I love him.

So would puddin. Life without him has never been the same. I think about him every single day. I think about the things he would say, how he would help me get through things.

Club busssines has been really good, more people show up because they are less afraid now that they know he isn't gonna be there but. It isn't the same atmosphere.

It doesn't have thrill anymore, he would of hated it.

I hope Robin is doing okay, I hate how much I can't be out there with him. But he's stronger than I will ever be.

-------------

Robins point of view)

My mom is crazy.

And not the stereo typical crazy but beyond that. But I love her, my friends think she's some celebrity who won't show up to school because she's to famous.

I let them think that.

When they ask about my dad I just tell them I never knew him. The only person who's kinda like my dad is my poetry teacher. But he's kinda weird too.

Are all grown ups in Gotham crazy?

Kids make fun of me cause I spend my lunch In his classroom but he's just nice to me and he understands me. He doesn't make fun of how different I am.

Poetry is my favorite class.

" hey we're here kido" I look up at Jeff from the back seat and give him a thumbs up. Jeff picks me up and pooch takes me home. That's always how it goes.

I hop out of the car watching all the kids say goodbye to all of their parents.

" bye mom, bye dad." I sarcastically whisper as I walk inside the place I hate the most.

_____________

Harley's point of view)

" hello moms and dads of Gotham city middle school! We are having a parent walk in night! Starting tomorrow Tuesday from 5:30-8:30 parents are aloud to meet some of the staff if they haven't yet! And find out some of the educational plans we have for this semester! Hope to see you there! Go GCM ! "

Shit.

Robin's gonna be pissed about this again, we've   Been through this before, where I couldn't go to the parent nights because someone would recognize me or think I was too young.

He's getting older and time is slipping out of my hands. I don't want him to think that I don't care enough to try.

I love my little bean and I want to be there every step of the way in his life.

I put down the house phone and walked over to the bedroom mirror looking at myself up and down. I'm sure there has to be something I can do. Maybe cover the tattoos? Get a brown wig? Wear something boring?

I have to figure this out by tomorrow night or I'm officially the worlds worst mother. I want to surprise him.

Maybe this will change things for us, maybe I can be Normal enough for him. For our family.

" bring the car around I need to handle some serious business!" I called out walking downstairs.

---------------

Robin's point of view)

" look it's Robbie's best buddy everyone!" One of the kids tease as I walk into poetry class.

Mister joe glares around the classroom before scratching his nails against the chalkboard. Everyone in the class groaned except for me. That sound never really bothered me.

" you all talk when I ask you to, got it?"

Numerous nods spread across the classroom.

" alrighty today's were are going to read a poem and then discuss what metaphors or symbols are represented."

I looked down at the sheet of paper that was passed down on my desk and noticed the poem was about birds.

What a coincidence.

The poem read,

Two beautiful birds found each other
In a hideous tree.

The tree never accepted them they always
Wanted to flee.

They were odd but they were never
Odd to each other

One fine day one of the birds found out
She was to be a mother.

The egg was hatched and love was born
Until a branch in the tree exploded
And the family was torn.

.....

Woah that was deep, I looked around at my class mates to see that none of them had even cared to read it yet.

They were all engulfed in conversation and have never cared to take this class seriously.

Mister joe noticed and slowly walked over towards me to see what I had thought.

" they aren't going to care much. There much like the leaves on the tree from the poem."

" the leaves are people?" I asked more interested than ever.

" indeed they are, and the branches represent places in the city." He said removing his glasses.

I could tell he really didn't need them, but I never pointed that out just incase it was a touchy Subject.

" what do you think the birds represent?" He asked eager to hear my response.

" love birds?"

"Exactly" he smiled tapping on my desks before walking back to the front of the class and trying to get everyone's attention.

Boy what a day.