Prologue

When Australia was at the worst of it times, when those would flee the streets to hide from what may haunt them in the lurking dark, when the diversity was hardly recognizable, it was then that Estova Alcove decided to take control.

Traveling to Australia from Southern Europe, he realized that the structure in which the country was in, wasn't near anything that he would have thought was inhabitable.

Crimes were committed every second of everyday, violence was pursued everywhere outside of your window and there were too many people living in luxury with many left cold on the streets. Fairness and equality obviously wasn't something the country yearned for because, without a high official or a leader they could do whatever they wanted, and so they did.

When Estova demanded a hierarchy, many complaints were filed and he was struck down numerous times. After employing several of his own bodyguards and protectors, laws were set down and enforced that turned the whole country upside down.

The country's name was changed from Australia to Estova and the entire continent was divided into four regions, which were named after his four children. Those who basked in money were to live in the east, otherwise known as Albium.

The people who had exceptional talents or considerable professions were sent south to live in Niola. Those who were poor and couldn't afford very much at all were to be sent to Zealk, on the opposite side of the country from the rich so no confrontation could occur.

And lastly Urica (in the north), was filled with those people who had a enough money for basic necessities but had no great abilities or jobs. The people of Urica were commonly referred to as the 'in betweeners'.

Large stone walls were built to divide the regions and many guards were positioned atop of those walls to ensure everyone abided by the law and didn't leave their appointed region.

Because Estova was a rich man, he built himself a luxury palace at the very edge of Albium where he was farthest away from those who were inferior to himself.

But there was one thing Estova couldn't change, and that was the necklace that every individual wore.

Each necklace was half of a unique shape and somewhere in your region, your soulmate wore the other half. The necklaces weren't just a guide to help you make the right choices of who to socialize with, but were mighty and powerful tokens that shaped your life.

Every soul is paired up with another in the country with the same birthday as you and on your eighteenth birthday, your journey begins to find your other half. Although, like everything else in this now demanding country, there was a catch.

You had only six months to find your partner otherwise the necklaces would lose their ability to pair and in this world of hurtful games, no love lead to a very horrible and fatal disease.

So several hundreds of years after Australia had been completely remade, and the throne passed on generation through generation, the necklaces still existed and people became more desperate to find love than ever before.