XIV

4 years previous - 2 months after last chapter
Song of the chapter is With Arms Wide Open by Creed

It started out as just a normal day in our lives. I woke up to Brendon's arm draped across my waist and his chin cuddled in the crook of my neck. I pressed a kiss to his forehead and he woke up before he realized he was going to be late for a recording session for the album. He got ready faster than I had ever seen him before and ran out the door on time just after placing a sloppy kiss on my lips. I puttered around the house, doing laundry, dishes and tidying up before I walked across the street to the record shop I owned and managed. Normal. Then my phone rang. I had been organizing the alternative B section when I felt the buzz in my pocket.

"Hello?" I said answering it quietly.

"Is this Dallon James Urie-Weekes?" A soft woman's voice answered.

"Yes ma'am.." I smiled at her tone, it was going to be a good day.

"About 15 minutes ago Melanie Martinez came in. Your baby is one his way Mr. Urie-Weekes!"

I squealed and dropped the record in my hand, "Can I come?"

"She's asking for you sir..."

"I'm on my way!" I exclaimed hanging up and tucking my phone into my pants pocket. "Tyler!" I yelled running to the front desk. Tyler stood there helping a customer with wide eyes. "Call Patrick and tell him to come in today... Rilee is coming!" I tossed him the keys to the front door and ran out of the shop without another word. Running home I grabbed the prepacked diaper bag and jumped in the car that Bren and I shared. Despite his fame we lived very modestly, walking everywhere when we could or in his case riding a skateboard. As I drove I couldn't wipe the smile off my face and I called Brendon who of course didn't answer because he was probably busy being Brendon. As I pulled into the parking lot of the hospital I called Brendon again leaving him a voicemail. I ran into the hospital and nurses directed me where to go based on the look in my eyes and the bag in my hand. When I got to the maternity ward the nurses told me to go to a room with white sterile walls with stickers of animated jungle animals. Melanie was laying on the hospital bed, hand resting on the swell of her belly and forehead sheen with sweat. Her breathing was labored and the nurses buzzed around her like bees around flowers.

"Dallon..." She exclaimed reaching out to me before her face contorted as a result of another contraction.

"Hey Mel..."

"C'mere." She groaned before gripping onto my hand and groaning again.

"How are you feeling?"

"Like shit, but its okay."

___________________

With one last push Melanie screamed and the doctors erupted in a chorus of exclamations. Then there was a cry, a baby's cry, and I lost it. She collapsed back on the bed with her now cherry red hair soaked through with sweat, and I started to cry. The baby was held by one of the doctors and swaddled up in a baby blue blanket. I walked over to him with glassy eyes, and took a look at my beautiful son.

"He's beautiful..." I whispered. The doctor held him out to me and I took him with a sob. He opened his bright blue eyes with a shriek and threw out his little balled up fist. The light dusting of hair on his perfect little head were golden and curled beautifully.

"He needs to try and latch onto Melanie so hand him over." One of the nurses told me, taking him away from me.

I turned to Melanie who looked more exhausted than I had ever seen anyone, "I'm going to see if I can get Bren..." she nodded and took the baby from the nurse looking at him with loving eyes. I walked into the waiting room with my phone pressed to my ear praying that he would answer. "C'mon Bren." I muttered with irritation lacing my voice. After the eighth ring I was greeted by his voicemail, and I pressed the end button before shoving my phone into my pocket. Looking at my shoot I cursed myself silently.

"Dal..." I looked up, and he was standing there with a huge bouquet of crimson roses and an arrangement of colorful balloons. I smiled softly at him as he finished the short walk to me. "I wanted to answer that call, but with everything in my hands - "

"Don't worry about it... let's go meet our baby."

So I'm back... never really left just been busy.

RILEE IS HERE!