Chapter 17 - Princess

Louis's POV

Last night after Harry had finished my aftercare, I was so worn out. The last thing I remember was falling asleep with my head in his lap, and I was barely coherent for that.

I woke up the next morning, still naked, but warm, tucked in our bed. I turned over, wincing at the pain. I looked to Harry's side, and didn't see him there, which made my heart sink.

I sat up, thousands of thoughts jumbling my mind, and suddenly I realized I wasn't wearing the diamond necklace that Harry had bought me. I started to panic, touching my neck, and feeling around the bed sheets. I looked on the floor and my bed side table, and all around me.

Exasperatedly, I ran my fingers through my hair.

'No no no!' I thought. 'I can't lose that! It's so beautiful and expensive and he'll be so mad at me.'

As I was over worrying and thinking about where I could have possibly lost it, and what I would tell Harry if I couldn't find it, the door creaked open.

Harry stepped inside the room, already dressed and awake looking. He was wearing dark blue jeans and a loose black t-shirt, with black socks on his feet. He came over to the bed and sat down next to me.

"Is, is it alright if I hold you sweetheart?" Harry asked.

I gently nodded my head, looking down. He scooted up onto the bed with me, and rested his back against the headboard. He gently wrapped his arms around my shoulders and pulled me into his chest, lightly resting his head on top of mine.

"We need to talk baby," Harry spoke.

I hesitated for a second but then spoke up, "Daddy I'm sorry. I'm very sorry for acting out at the restaurant and... and um dumping my water on you. And especially running out on you and coming home alone." I hesitated again, "But, but my feelings were hurt! You said, you said that our trial was going to last one week. And, and I thought that since you never presented the contract, that, you wanted us to be different. That you cared about me differently than everyone else, and we didn't need a contract to be together. I-I want that kind of relationship with you obviously, but.... I want more too. And I understand if you can't feel that way too but I do already so I can't have anything different..."

I finally stopped, letting my feelings out. I got more and more nervous, the longer he stayed silent, but finally he said something.

"Oh Louis...Baby, I had no idea that the contract meant those things to you! And shit! It is my fault! Now that you said something I remember saying our trial period was only going to last for one week. I honestly had forgotten because I got so distracted in you. And like you said at the restaurant yesterday, I didn't do all those sweet things just to coax you into the contract. I bought you nice things and took you out because I genuinely enjoy pampering you Lou. It pleases me to take care of you; I love that I can do that!" He took a breath as he tousled his hair, "And I want more too angel. I know there's something different between us. We'll completely get rid of the contract if that's what you want. I was just doing it as a formality, a kind of way to keep that side of our relationship in check. But you're no formality Lou. You're a sweet sunshine smile, and blue ocean eyes. You're loud laughter and brightness in my day, and most importantly, you're the softest thing that has ever broken through my hard shell. You're so pure and innocent and sweet, and Louis..... I think,... I think I love you."

I felt a hot tear trickle down my face at his words. How did such a beautiful man like Harry love someone like me? How did I get so lucky.

"I-I love you too, Harry...!" I said excitedly, but then quickly covered my mouth. I was worried he'd be upset for me using his name, but he just smiled wide, showing his teeth.