« chapter 18 »

"Albus..." Eleanor sighs, seeing the boy sitting in front of the Gryffindor common rooms fireplace. "What? You came here to tell me I'm horrible too?" He spats back, staring into the flames.
"Not at all." Eleanor goes over and sits next to him, and it's not long before Harry comes inside too. "You know no matter what house you're in, you're still our son. Who we love." Eleanor starts.
"And bad people may get sorted into Slytherin, but not all Slytherin are bad people." Harry follows. "You told me I was named after the bravest man you know, he was a Slytherin too. But he doesn't seem very nice here."
"It gets better, people change."
"I just want to make you guys proud." Albus sulks, pulling his knees to his chest.
"We are proud of you. And I bet we're proud of you in the future too."
"R-really?"
"Really."
Harry and Eleanor pull Albus into a hug, smiling at their already amazing parenting skills.
"I better go, James, Sirius, and I have detention with Flitwick." Albus stands up.
"What did you three do?" Harry asks.
"Let's just say charms class yesterday wasn't all that charming." Albus winks before rushing out to meet his newfound friends.
"I never knew we had such pranksters as children." Harry smiles, helping Eleanor up off the floor. "I didn't even know we would have children." She replies.
"Learn something new everyday."
o                                                                     o                                                                                    o
The lot decided not to get anything for each other for Christmas, since they hardly have money and aren't allowed into hogsmeade anyway.
"Happy Christmas Al." Jamie greets his brother.
The two have gotten closer ever since Jamie apologized, and there hasn't been any trouble since. "What do you think is happening over back at home?" Albus asks, suddenly worried about his parents and Teddy.
"I'm not sure, hopefully nothing bad. I hope we get back soon though."
"Getting sick of us already eh?" Sirius jokes, entering the common room with Remus.
"Who wouldn't get sick of you Sirius?" Lily jokes back, her hand placed in James' as the two take a seat by the couch.
"Ha-ha. You're sense of humor is marvelous Evans."
She just sticks her tongue out at him childishly.
"Happy Christmas!" Young Hermione and Eleanor greet the group with smiles.
"Are you waiting for the boys to come down to open presents Ellie?" Young Hermione asks Eleanor.
"No thanks, I'll see you later I'm going to see dad." Young Eleanor waves to the lot and skips out to her fathers quarters.
"Look at what Harry has!" Younger Ron exclaims as the two boys hop down into the common room. He's holding a long wrapped package, no name on who it's from.
"Well, open it." James encourages. They rip open the paper to reveal the newest broom, the fire bolt.
"No way." Younger Rons mouth hangs open.
At the moment, Eleanor, Harry, Luna, and Hermione walk through the painting and sit down along the chairs and couches.
"Harry got the fire bolt!" Sirius exclaims.
"Who's it from?" Younger Hermione asks.
"It doesn't say." Young Harry replies.
"Harry, you know that could be dangerous. It could be jinxed or tampered with!" Young Hermione studies the broom in her hands.
"I agree with Hermione." Hermione says, grinning.
"Of course you do." Harry rolls his eyes at his friend, still annoyed from this moment.
"You should take it to professor McGonagal. Just in case."
"Come on Hermione, I doubt anything is wrong with it." Younger Harry pleads.
Before the lot could watch anymore, young Eleanor returns, "Dumbledore wants to see Rose, Carter, Rachel, Ethan, Eliza, Mary, Koby, John, Ralph, Mark, and Liam."
"That's a mouthful." Ron laughs.
The time travelers get up, thanking Eleanor before heading to the headmasters office.
"Do you think he's found a way to send us back?" Luna asks, maybe a little too loud.
"Back where?" A voice asks from behind them.
"Oh! Uh- Eleanor, didn't notice you're there." Remus stutters.
"Back where?" She repeats.
"Back home." Lily says softly, which wasn't exactly a lie.
Young Eleanor wrinkles her eyebrows, but the group turns and dashes down the corridor before she could ask anything else.