Friday.

"I don't know. I think Drake be on that soft nigga shit. You feel me?" Avery said as she hit her hookah pen, blowing the smoke my way.

"But shit, he be getting me hyped up."

 "He gets me in my feelings."

 "That's because you be on that Shut It Down. I be on that Worst Behavior."

She laughed, "I see where you're coming from."

"Can I ask you something?"

"What's up?" She put her pen down and became interested.

"Did you ever tell your family that you liked girls?"

"Yeah."

"How?"

"I just told them." She shrugged.

Avery told me that she was a full on lesbian earlier. I told her that I was too.

"But how?"

"My homecoming date was a girl. When my parents noticed, I told them that she was my date."

"Did they get mad?"

"I mean, they were disappointed because I'm the only child and they won't be getting any grandkids anytime soon. But they're okay with it. What about yours?"

"Well, my father wasn't around. My mom is very religious. I never told her. She made assumptions. She knew for sure when she caught me kissing a girl."

"What'd she say?"

"I was going to hell and I'll catch a disease like HIV/AIDS or whatever."

"What? You can't just catch a disease from being a lesbian. One of y'all has to have it."

"Eh, I know. But it doesn't matter. Her and I don't talk anymore."

"Wow."

I feel as if I really like Avery. I don't even know her like that, though.

"Avery, would you ever be in a relationship with a male?"

She thought about it for a minute. Then, she nodded her head and said, "Yeah. I guess I would. I mean, I do want a kid of my own. But I don't want to get it from one of those creepy sperm donors places."

She looked at me, "What about you?"

"I think about it. But I'm still not sure."

"It's okay. It took me awhile to be sure about anything containing my sexuality. One day, you'll think about it and it'll all seem right."

"Avery, I think you're bi." I concluded after listening to her speak like an old wise woman.

"What makes you think that?"

"Just listening to the way that you talk. I don't think you're a lesbian. I think you're bi."

"Well, back in the day," She smirked, "I was a straight lesbian."

"That was back in the day," I smirked back, "This is now."

"So what are you saying?"

"Nothing." I shrugged.

"Alright then." She picked her hookah pen back up and started smoking it again.

~*~

I watched as weave was being used to pull both girls in different directions. Avery swung the girl on to the floor. The girl had Avery's hair and made it where Avery's head was closer to her stomach than her face, but Avery was still hitting her in the face.

The girl's grip loosened and Avery pinned her arms above her head.

"Bitch I told you that I would fight you!" Avery yelled, "I don't fuck with you no more! You my ex!"

I shook my head. I don't know what happened. We were at Burger King, some gay dude was bothering us, she was saying she ain't scared of nothing but punks, he said he wanted to fight her since she so scared, her ex walked up saying to let her fight instead, now here we are.

Avery got off of her and the girl rolled over on her stomach. Her friends helped her up and she flipped Avery off and they all walked away.

"You okay, Ri?" I asked.

"Yeah, I'm okay."

"Wanna go home?"

"Yeah. But my home. I'll see you another day."

"Alright."

I kissed her cheek and we went our separate ways.

| Obviously, these chapters will be shorter than in my other stories.

Don't be afraid to inbox me. I'll probably see that before a comment. Speaking of which, don't be afraid to comment either.

Tell me what you think.

#Muah! |