1 Train Journey Later...

Today I was going to meet my cousin in Leeds. I had a free weekend and I haven't seen her in months. Her name is Hope, she's 3 years older than me. She used to share an apartment with some friends in London but she moved to Leeds 3 months ago. For as long as I can remember, she has always been the cousin I have been closest too and so was excited to catch up.

I boarded the train and took a seat near the window. The journey was just over an hour, so I  had plenty of time to flick through my phone on social media. I scrolled through snapchat. Chrismd had put a video on his story: i'm spending some time with friends in England so I won't be uploading for a few days, sorry. Fair enough, I thought to myself. The "youtuber lifestyle" seems pretty full on so it must be hard to balance socialising and work.

Finally, I arrived in Leeds. I rung my cousin and her car pulled up outside the station about 10 minutes later. I peeped through the window, she waved and gave me a beaming smile. I put my bags in the back and then made my way round to the passenger door. I opened the door and hopped into the White Mini Cooper.

"Hi!! Omg how are you?" she exclaimed.
"I'm good thank you wow it's so great to see you again!!" I said.

We shared a friendly hug and began our journey back to her apartment. After about 10 minutes of gossiping and exchanging stories, we arrived. I collected my bags and dropped them off at her room. We settled down and talked some more.

"So what are our plans for the weekend then?" I asked. She looked up at the clock.
"Actually is it cool if we grab some food, I'm meeting with a couple of friends, I'm sure they won't mind if you tag along".
"Yeh sure" I replied, grabbing my bag. She locked up the apartment and we set off to a local Nando's.