8

P. Pov

Dan texted me

My Danosour🔥💖- 20 minutes till we reach the station.

My heart pounded. My stomach churned. My hands sweated. And my whole body shook.

My mum was asleep. So I took it upon myself to take her car to the station.

When I got there I had 5 minutes to spare. So I waited in the area where the train would pull in and give me the gift of Dan Howell.

I heard the noise of the train pulling in and the head lights of the face.

5 people walked out, giving me weird looks. They could obviously tell I was nervous.

Then a tall, dark haired boy ran out of the door. He had an adorable, squishy smile and he was frantically looking for someone special.

That boy was Dan Howell and he was looking for me.

Our eyes locked and I swear neither of us had ever smiled so wide

"Phil!" He screamed.

"Dan!" I yelled back.

He ran to me and I ran to him. When he got a foot away he dropped his bags and jumped into my arms. I caught him, his legs wrapped around my waist, his head tucked into my neck.

We both were weeping. This was the absolute happiest I'd been in years.

He finally hopped down and we just looked in each other's eyes.

"Y-you're so much b-better in p-person!" I gushed as I brushed my hand through his hair.

"Me? Look at you. God your eyes are deadly," he replied as he cupped my face in his hands.

This was the best feeling I had ever had.

"G-get your bags d-dork. We c-can't stand here a-and give e-each other complim-ments all day,"

He let go of my face and got his two duffle bags. We walked quietly to my mum's car.

"It's colder up here. I get why you're so much paler than me now,"

"D-don't act like y-you've never seen s-someone as p-pale as me!" I stuttered.

I wish I could stop stuttering but I was so nervous and excited I could explode.

"Turn the radio on PhilllLL," Dan whined to me.

Of course I obeyed. K-ROQ, the station I always had on started playing an old band that I loved but I was sure Dan wouldn't know. The Brobecks.

But as soon as the song started he squeaked.

"GATHER ROUND HERE BOYS AND GIRLS. LISTEN YE TO MY TALE!"

Dan knew the song! Second Boys Will Be First Choice by The Brobecks.

"Wait y-you know t-them?"

"Of course! I fucking love them!"

"DONT BE A FOOL. BE CAREFUL WHICH BOY THAT YOU CHOSE!" Dan wasn't singing. He was screaming. And it was adorable.

"Second boy will be first choice to somebody better than you!" I sang.

Thank god when I sang I didn't stutter.

"You're voice," Dan awed.

"Yeah w-what about I-it?"

"It's beautiful,"

I felt my cheeks turn red hot. Damnit I was blushing. Could he tell?

Duh he can tell Phil, you're paler than fucking paper

"T-thank y-you,"

"Hey you never told me why you stutter. Were you born with it or did you get it from a family member or?"

"I-I have crippling anxiety. S-so I s-stutter w-when I'm n-nervous. And t-that's a-always,"

"Well the reason you have it is terrible but I love it. It makes you you,"

I blushed harder.

Luckily the station was close to my home so we arrived in no time.

"Your house is nice,"

"Dan, your f-family is p-packed. I-I'm sure yours I-is better,"

"Sometimes size isn't anything. Small can be better because then the family is closer and happier together,"

My family is far from happy.

"That's p-pretty wise d-Daniel,"

"Well I'm not an AP student for nothing," he chuckled.

I helped him carry his things inside and up to my room.

My mum was still asleep and hung over so it didn't matter to her.

"I love your room. Warning, I'll probably steal all of these Muse CDs,"

I had every Muse CD out there. And I had pride in that.

"I-imagine how different t-things would've been I-If neither of u-us chose Muse a-as our I-interest on O-omegle,"

"Well I wouldn't be standing in some adorable losers house,"

"C-consider yourself lucky,"

He laughed at that.

We put on music. Muse obviously.

He told me once that his favorite song was Citizen Erased. So that's what I put on

"Oh my god. This is my favorite!"

"How could I forget," I remarked.

This is the best time I have ever had.

It's a damn shame this will all end 
in 6 days when Dan Howell leaves me and goes back to 3 hours away.

Maybe he can fix me before then

No one can fix you. You're too pathetic.

Goddamn. I hope he can