Opinions Matter

Have you ever watched a fan video from your fandom and just wanted to scream at them? I think we've all been guilty AT LEAST a couple of times in our short mortal lives. That said, everyone has their own opinions and they are free to share them if they wish to. I respect that. That takes courage that not everyone has. What don't I respect?

Let's see... What if maybe, you just take it a little too far with your opinions, and begin to act superior over others from the same fandom who don't share your views. Let's be honest to each other, here, "Ain't nobody got time for that!" We are all equals, so unless you want to be a part of society which acts to tear down people's free wills, or those who make others feel insecure about their own thoughts (afraid to be an individual from the majority of "that" thinker), then be my guest. But by God, at least think about the consequences of your comments. Little kids might be reading or watching your opinions. Do you really want them to think that they are e.g. "stupid" or "brainless"? What sucks about these posted opinions that cross way over social etiquette, is how people of the same mind from any fandom, will most of the time not say anything about the rudeness of trying to get your opinions across.

Argh!!

It gets so frustrating, and this is just the tip of the iceberg for me. Some kids post some of these fan related shares that I greatly dislike. Why don't their parents monitor and tell them that sometimes, being passionate as to say other people are stupid is wrong, and that they should maybe rethink their statement which won't make them sound like conceited little brats.

Jeez, it seems that the internet had allowed us to do so many things, yet some of those "so many things" is just very wrong for something that should help us progress socially.

So please, the next time you have an opinion, think through on your choice of words. Recognize that there are reasons why people's opinions may differ, and actually see the merits of their opinions without calling them names just because you think you're right. Being in a fandom is great, it allows you to share with your peers your enjoyment. Don't ruin it by making a fuss over others' opinions when your own opinion have facets where...It. Is. Wrong.