Things can only look up...Right?

-Patient Interview 37-

"Hello Joker, how are you today?"

'...'

" Joker, we can't help you unless you cooperate, you can trust me."

'...'

*sigh*

"Guards please leave us now."

*shoes squeaking against the floor*

" Dr. Quinzel, we are not aloud to leave our posts, I'm sorry. Wardens orders."

"Oh for gods sake! Well can you please tell the Warden that the constant presence of guards is making my patient uncomfortable?!"

"... Dr. Quinn are you sure YOU'RE not the one who is uncomfortable? No offence."

"I'm fine, thank you. Okay, take him away for today."

"Fine with us"

*chains rattle with the guards making grunts as they lift the Joker from his seat*

"Come on you little pervy clown! Move!"

*scuffle*

*Door slams shut*

"Oh god"

*muffled cries*

-End of tape-

-Two weeks later-

Harley was curled up in bed in a pair of soft gray cotton shorts and a white vest, calm, neutral colours. That's what Harley needed right now, neutral. She sipped at her peppermint tea thinking, always thinking. The recent events of the past couple weeks kept repeating themselves in her head again and again and again.

Harley thought back to that day, what a strange thing time was. It now felt more like a dream to her, a disturbingly real dream.

-The week before-

Similar to every morning, Harley arrived at work 8:45, she parked her little silver lupo in the corner of the huge carpark for all the non-existent visitors, and made her way to the front door where she would get her morning tea and muffin in the staff office.

"Good morning " the nurse Victoria smiled at her as she arrived out of breath to the 5th floor. "Morning!" Harley instantly lit up a luminous smile. She was in an excellent mood today.

She was thinking about the last couple of sessions with the Joker. They had all gone splendid, nearly groundbreaking in some ways... Harley believed he had really started opening up to her, he told her about some of past crimes, some of his favorite crimes. He liked sharing alot of rather unpleasant details in a very gleeful manner but Harley kept telling herself it was all progress. Every single detail was one step closer to curing him, no not curing, UNDERSTANDING him.

People always said he was incurable. Bullshit. Anyone could be cured, it just took the right level of persuasion, hard work, loyalty and maybe perhaps a little manipulation but eventually you would get there. Yeah, she would get there.

Harley unlocked her office and took in the familiar beige, boring walls. She put her briefcase down and her cup of coffee, one day she might introduce a lick of paint to these boring old walls! She smiled at herself, the quiet and privacy was nice. Harley was also excited as she had (finally) agreed to meet her old college friends, it had been way too long.

Pulling her chair out, switching on her computer Harley began to think about what the next topic of conversation in today's session should be. She was still debating on how to bring the Batman up again without making him lose it. However Harley didn't know this is where day was about to take a dark, disturbing turn.