Chapter 1

THE HUNTED

   In a world where humans once ruled, there came a day when something terrible happened. Unleashed by the power of an angry witch, a spell was created in an order of vengence upon all human kind. A spell where animals ruled over humans, hunting them down and destroying their grasslands and forests, their homes and their habitats. So that every single human felt like helpless animals being hunted. And so was born a world where no human could ever live in peace.

CHAPTER 1

    My family lived in a herd. We wandered together, we ate together, and drank together. The scent in the air told us we were heading North. Many other families lived in that herd. Our herd's territory coversd fout acres of flat plaines, and the three acres of forest land on top of a high hill. There is a stream passing through the woods, where,( on a particular evening) my family was resting. Nearby, a damp cave shelter lays hidden behind a landscape of foliage. That is where we sleep. As we rested, my instincts told me something was wrong...

                                                              GUNSHOTS!!!!!! 

   They sounded through the woods, their hollow echo as terrible as though they were nearby. My nose had picked up a scent which told me the hunters were far away. Still, like frightened deer, we moved farther away.

   My brother, who unfortunately bore a jagged scar, sounded the warning call informing the other herd members. This was somewhat foolish, for if he had been heard...

   Scar never thought about the consequences.

   The evil metropolis that was made by the animals stood far off in the distance. That's where Scar got his namesake.

   The winds were cool, and night was nearing. My best friend, Aren, was still out in the woods alone, looking for food. She should have come back by then.

  I opened my simple cloth knapsack. Inside there is matches, salt for my food, a loaf of bread, another cloak, and a necklace with stone beads. It was true, at that time there had been a shortage of food. Perhaps Aren needed help, I thought to myself. After all, my loaf of bread couldn't feed  the herd.

    So I ran outside from the cave where I'd been idly sitting. No doubt that the hunters were gone. The night wind blew against  my cold cheek. The stars were twinkling softly, like little bells ringing in the sky. I looked around me. a lantern was bobbing up and down in the distance.. I set out for it.

   As I walked, I saw a small, painted stone that was laying on the ground. How strange. I placed the stone in my pocket then continued on my way. Soon, darkness had surrounded me.