Summer

It was a gorgeous summer day, Jaylee and her family had just gotten back from their hiking trip in the Rockies. They were all exhausted by the time they came home, but Jaylees's parents insisted on fittness, so the two children (Jaylee and her older brother Kyle) were marched to their rooms to change into swimwear. The reason this was is because Jaylee had a rich father, who was nearly at the top of the electrical company he worked in. A few more promotions would put him directly under the current head of the company, and make him a very very rich man.

Jaylee sighed and dug through her bearou, which was absolutley stuffed with clothes. Her swimsuit had to be around here somewhere, then she remembered it was still in the laundry room. She had washed it after the last time she went in the pond, which had a suprising amount of algae on one side, and which was the same side she had been dared to swim in.

Jaylee also remembered that's where a leech decided to bite her leg. She was terrified of those things. At first she thought the leech would just fall off after a little while, but it didn't. It had been almost an hour before she told her parents, who laughed at her and simply rolled it off her leg with a stick.

But she hadn't told them it had been an hour.

Jaylee simply stated "I just found it on my leg."

In any case, Jaylee knew that today (ugh, more like tonight) they would have to swim laps. That meant she'd have to swim through the algae again. She had tried telling her parents about it but they said it was simply a challenge, or a test of her abilities more like. She knew it was best to obey them, starting a fight was pointless and would only get her grounded. What's a few leeches on her if it meant she still got to go out at night?

Jaylee sighed and trudged downstairs to the laundry room. When she got there, she noticed the shelves were bright white and orderly and all the clothes that had been forgotten were neatly folded on the ajacent marble counter. Under the counter was the washer and dryer, and the dryer was running with a few brightly colored articles of clothing.

'Must be Mum's' Jaylee thought, 'Who else would wear neon yellow pants?' Jaylee stepped closer to the neatly folded clothes and lifted them up one by one and placed them in a different pile until she got to the bottom. There it was, a purple, pink and blue tye-dye colored swimsuit. Her mom forbade her to get any sort of bikini, so Jaylee had gone with a... slightly revealing one-piece. Jaylee thought she looked dashing in it. Her mother thought she looked like a slut. Jaylee didn't care what her mother thought. But wait, was there a little chalky lime green on her swimsuit? No, it couldn't be. She was probably just imagining things. In any case, she needed to change.