Chapter 22

"If I didn't respect my daughter-in-law's opinion you would be dead by now." Gracia said. She had Tessia's face beaten up and she had a few broken bones. Then she heard a knock at the door she motioned for one of the women in the family to open it. Rue came in with coldness in her eyes and fire in her heart. "Did you leave your phone at home like I told you in the note that Tommy gave you?"

"I did."Rue said and sat her purse on the floor next to the chair that she sat in. She pulled the vaseline out.

"Oh honey, you are not getting your hands dirty. Put that vaseline back in your purse."Gracia said. Rue shrugged her shoulders and put it back in her purse.

"Hmph."Tessia said and rolled her eyes when she saw Rue. Rue didn't speak she just stared at the girl that was sitting in the chair.

"We already roughed her up a bit. Figured I let you make the decision on what to do with her."Gracia said.

"Well, first off do you have anything to say girl."Rue leaned in to see what she would say. Tessia didn't say anything she used the blood that was built up in her mouth to spit in Rue's face. Rue just closed her eyes. The ladies of the family wiped her face with some disinfectant wipes.

"Alright bitch, ladies get her up she doesn't deserve to live."Gracia said. A sudden fear came over Tessia's face. "No bitch is going to rape my son and spit in my daughter-in-laws face like trash! Rue doll, You can go home now sorry to waste your time."

"No problem, are we still good for dinner Sunday?"

"Of course sweetheart. Now, get out of here we don't want to get you into trouble."

Rue left the building and once she got to her Camero that she kept she heard Tessia's screams. It's a good thing that they were deep in the woods if they were in the city then it would have been a problem. Rue got in her car driving off in the night. She let her night music play through her speakers as she rode on the highway. She didn't have to lift a finger. She didn't even have to say the word 'torture her to death.'  She didn't decide her fate her and Gracia did.

Once Rue got home Vince was on the couch. His hair was damp. He had just gotten out the shower. He was watching football on T.V. but it didn't look like he was focused on it. It looked like he was thinking of something else. Rue looked at him for a second and then started to walk up stairs to take a shower. Vince stopped her though.

"Rue...are you still clean?"Vince asked. "Did you do anything?"

"No, I didn't...but your mom did."Rue said and walked back down the 2 steps that she had already walked up.

"You have no blood on your hands?"

"No, the only blood I have on me is on my face when that bitch spit in my face."Rue said and Vince turned around quickly. "I didn't lay a finger. I didn't say anything. The only this I ask was did she had anything to say and she spit her blood on my face."

"I told you that you didn't have to go." said Vince stood in front her. "I'm tired of you dealing with my problems and my mistakes." Vince looked down from her gaze.

"I'm married you remember?"Rue said she lifted his face up. "For better or for worse. For sickness and in health. As long as I live. Your problems are my problems. We are a force remember? So don't you feel bad about about me dealing with your problems you understand?"

"Yea, I do."Vince said and kissed her on her forehead. She turned around and did the same.

"Now, I'm going to take a shower. In the meantime just chill out." Rue said running her fingers through his hair.

"I love you."Vince said and hugged her.

"I love you too."Rue said and went up stairs. "You know your mom told me she didn't want my hands getting dirty. She told me to leave before she did anything."