Chapter 8

"So, who is this old lady that helped you Maria?" Rue said taking the awkwardness out of the truck. "She must have really been amazing."

"Well, here name was Arleen." Maria fiddled with her thumbs. Not trying to make eye contact with Jessie. Jessie couldn't stop looking at her. Maria little sister Rena looked just like Maria. "She had her own cell at the end of our unit."

"What was she like?" Rue kept her eyes on the road, loving how the moon lit up her way home. It almost made her miss Mississippi. But there was just too many things going on. Mississippi, right now is a laughing stock because of their decisions in laws. She shook her head at the thought.

"She was cranky, and mean." She laughed just a bit and then stopped. "But eventually we stop bumping heads and got along."

"She sounds like a trip I would have loved to meet her." Rue said. "Maybe we could all come back here and visit her one day."

"Actually we can't now," Maria said abruptly. The car stood stayed silent for a few seconds. "She passed away a month ago." Maria stop fiddling with her fingers. She just stared at her hands that looked old and dried up.

"Thats sorry to hear." Rue said glancing at Vince for a second. His face had no expression. It was like he had no feelings for Maria. He doesn't he would care less about her or what she has been through.

Vince understood what Rue was doing. But he couldn't play along, he couldn't forgive her.

"If you don't mind me asking, how did she pass?"

"She died in the lunch line, a riot broke out and everyone went into madness." Maria could remember it like yesterday. "Once you got to know her you know you don't really notice how grumpy or mean she was. She was always happy and sweet." All of a sudden she saw the blood of Arleen other hands. "She was stabbed multiple times...she saved me from a group of girls who wanted me dead."

"Karma is a bitch!" Vince said suddenly.

"Vince! Shut the-"

"Its alright Rue. I deserve it he has every right to be angry."

"Damn Straight." Vince responded. Then he felt a quick sting on his face

"Didn't I say shut it Vince," Rue got tired of him being in his feelings about the whole situation. She was over it she had better things to do.

"She was an amazing lady, she had so many grand kids would come to see her and friends." Maria smiled at the memory of her.

"Did she ever tell you what she was in for?" Rue asked avoiding Vince's eyes while driving. She felt the intensity of them and she didn't have time to get lost in them.

Jessie fell asleep from there conversation, but she could still hear them of course.

"She was in for killing her daughters boyfriend and act of motherly love." Maria said. "Her daughter's boyfriend had a drug and alcohol problem. He would smoke weed all day and use up her daughter's, who name is Sandra by the way, money to by food for munches and alcohol. They had about 3 kids together but Sandra always managed to take care of them. Her boyfriend was also abusive so when Arleen walked in on her boyfriend hitting her all hell broke lose. She pulled out her new frying pan that she just bought and went to work. Thats how she ended up in prison."

"I probably would have done the same thing," Rue said with a smile. "If my daughter was in that situation I would be livid to."

"Thing was that was her last day in prison she was going to get out the next day."

"Oh my." Rue said. Then it was another silence in the car. But this time it was a comfortable silence. Soon the sun came up and Rue had never been so amazed at the sun set how the sky suddenly was filled with orange and purple and little strips of yellow.

"Welcome to Atlanta Maria." Rue said. "Now, Jessie."

Jessie opened halfway just a little to show that she was was earnest. "Yes, Rue."

"I need you to show me where Rena lives."

"Well, she lives in the Eagle Point neighbor hood just a few blocks away from our house. Her address Eagle Point 245." Jessie said and nodded off.

"Ok sweetie, you'll be home in a little bit." Rue said and smiled. ß"And Maria welcome to your house."

Maria look at the house. She knew that her parents had divorced from the letter that Rena would send. But the later years got she stop writing. She wondered what was going on in her little sister's life. But she didn't want Rena to turn into her. She wanted her to become a free bird.

"Thank you Ms.Rue,"  Maria hopped out the truck. "Now instead of taking someones life I can save one."

"I'm taking you shopping from now on you are my assistant just so you can get back up on your feet. I'm going to help you get into collage and we are going to get you a degree. I am going to help you." Rue told her.

Maria cried like a baby and walked away from the truck. She knocked away at the door and her mom opened it. Her mom stared in shock for a minute. Her daughter had come home but how?

She looked at the black hummer behind her. She yelled thank you and waved. She hugged Maria and brought her into the house.

"Well, thats over with." Rue said about to take Vince and Jessie home. Vince didn't say anything. Had his arms cross the hold time. They stayed in silence the whole ride.

"Ok, Jessie you're home now," Rue hopped out the truck and let Jessie Out. Jessie just dragged her self out the truck and into the house. The bed was calling her name. Rue leaned against the truck and watched as he walked in. "She is adorable when she wakes up."

Vince stood next to her and waited till Jessie was in the house fully. Once Jessie closed the door Vince grabbed Rue's wrist and pinned and he stared at her in her eyes.

"Vince, you wanna tell me why you have me pinned against my truck." Rue put on a cunning smile.

"You need to know this," Vince leaned into her ear. "I don't like to be undermined or disrespected in public. You hitting me isn't going to do." Vince nibbled on her ear. Rue's breathing changed and she wasn't expecting it.

"Vince why are you so binged on respect?" Rue said in the mist of her heavy breathing.

"Because I am a dominant force Rue," Vince started kissing on her neck. "Not only am I a dominant force to people...I am dominant over you." Vince kissed her. His tongue dominating over hers. "When we get married I'm going to tear you apart." He ran his fingers through her hair and kissed her once more. "I am going to undress you and enjoy this body of yours and dominate you. I am going to enjoy myself in your wetness."

"Now, I would like to cuddle with you in my room, where I can hold you and kiss you all I want to." Vince got off of Rue and still had one of her wrist and tried to pull her into the house. "Rue, come on."

"Well, you think you're just going to push me against the truck. Demand my respect and dominate me. And you know what you actually turned me on for a few seconds." Rue said smoothly and let her wrist free. Vince put on a cunning smile at the fact that he could turn her on. "But if you want to have that dominance over me and as far as I can tell you already have my respect. You have to earn me because I am not going to just give you dominance over me."

"So what does that have to do with me and you cuddling?" Vince reached for her. Rue backed away and waved a finger.

"I'm going back to my studio apartment. In my bed so I can sleep." Rue said turning around and getting into her truck.

"You can sleep here you know?" Vince yelled slightly.

"There you go trying to have dominance over me Vince." Rue said. "See ya later hot stuff."

"Bye baby." Vince said while kissing her hand. The competition for dominance had began. And Vince was determined to win even going at extreme heights to do so. To where even dominance was even going to be his bitch.