The Other Side

Rick opens the door and finds me in the corner."Madison, Are you ok?"

I turn to look at him but it's not my eyes he sees. Huge pupils, with a yellow rim. He stares at me with fright, he slowly walks over to me step by step. Each step he takes closer I take one back, trying to take back control of my body.

If he touches me I will lose all power over myself till he's in pain. I use the little bit of control I had left to back away and lock myself in the bathroom.

Thud thud thud, rick bangs on the door yelling "MADISON OPEN THE DAMN DOOR, NOW!!!"

I regain my own vision and look in the mirror. I have to learn to over power him but how? Forgetting rick is at the door he yells for me again,

"MADISON!" I unlock the door and feel his chest pushed against my face with his arms securing his hold on me.

"Rick he took over my body, I'm so sorry" I say in a soft voice looking at the ground avoiding eye contact. He Doesn't say anything, but I feel his grip get tighter. I decided to look up seeing a tear roll down his face.

"What's wrong baby?" I ask wiping away the tear.

"The thought of me losing you kills me inside, when I saw your eyes I thought he has got the best of you" I smile and we walk over to the couch sitting there watching t.v. I feel my eyes droop and soon enough my world goes dark.

I wake up rubbing my eyes. I pull myself up from the couch, there's no one in sight. I make my way towards the counter and see a note with a cup of coffee. The note reads

Madison,

I've gone to get us some breakfast from Dunkin' Donuts, I know what you like. I'll be back soon, also I've rented some movies, when I get back we can watch them

Love,

Rick