Chapter 22 (edited)

It was the last day of exams and I still didn’t have a date for prom. Andrew has been anxious as his finals were coming up. I caught up with Luke after exams and we laughed feeling the pressure of school gone.

“Now all we have to do is get through prom,” Luke joked.

“Yeah, so who are you going with?” I asked.

“This girl Ellie, she was new this year, and she asked me, and I couldn’t say no,” Luke said.

“Cool, well I will see you later,” I smiled and walked away before he could ask me whom I was going with, because I wasn’t going with anyone.

            Walking through the backdoor Jason smiled as he held out my favorite cake in his hands with candles.

“It isn’t my birthday,” I laughed.

“But you just got through your junior year, and you’ve been studying so hard, I thought we should celebrate!” Jason exclaimed as I walked over and blew out the candles.

 “Also, there is a surprise in your room,” Jason said trying to hold his smile in.

“Oh god,” I said and rolled my eyes as I walked upstairs with Jason trailing behind me.

            I opened my door and on my bed was Andrew dressed in a nice shirt, down on one knee holding a red rose. He looked nervous.

“Jason informed me you didn’t have a date for your prom, so I was wondering if you’d like it if I would be your date?” Andrew said awkwardly.

“Please tell me Jason didn’t force you to do this,” I said looking at Andrew with pity.

“He pushed me, not forced. But seriously we can go as friends,” Andrew said standing up handing me the rose.

“I’d like that,” I smiled and hugged him.

“There’s another surprise,” Jason said as he looked to my closet.

            I walked over and opened it and Luke’s mother was there.

“Hi Mrs. Forfang,” I said confused.

“You don’t have a dress, so we are going shopping for one,” She smiled.

            I couldn’t hide my excitement and gratitude.

“Now please Jason can I change?” Andrew complained.

“Stop it! You look really nice, but if you must,” Jason said rolling his eyes.

            Mrs. Forfang and I headed to the mall and went to three different stores before we found the dress. It was pink, not usually what I would wear, but it was fitted on the top and laced like a corset in the back, and poofed out and my waist and ended half way down my thigh.

            Heading home I was actually excited to go to prom. And going with Andrew…I didn’t think he would ask me. Jason demanded to see the dress and he looked like he was going to cry when he saw it.

“You are going to look gorgeous! I can’t wait to take pictures of Andrew and you,” Jason said loosing himself in imagination.

“Calm down, it’s prom,” I said trying to act casual.

“Hey,” Andrew greeted, “So I don’t know how important prom is to you, but do you want me to like gel my hair or stuff?” Andrew asked obviously uncomfortable.