Life is Good

Before I start this I need to say something. I will give each character as much chapters as I can. But I’m also adding some of the boys point of views in as well. So be patient with me. (:

Korrine

I tried to weave through the crowd to find Kinsie, but I had no such luck. Then, as I turned around to go back to Avery and Hayden, I ran smack dab into someone. A very tall someone. I stumbled back a few feet when his hand reached out and grabbed me. Wait a second. I looked at his watch, I had seen that watch before... Then as I looked up, I realized that I knew this person. Very well, in fact. It was my ex-boyfriend, the whole reason I had come to this camp.

         “Daniel?” My voice cracked. “What are you doing here? Why are you here?”

         “I work here now. I’m one of your new coaches.” He smirked.

         No, this couldn’t be happening to me. I was finally over him; I got away from the memories. And now he was here, in the flesh?

         “Since when?”

         “I got the call that my application was accepted last week.”

         “Why didn’t you tell me?”

         “I didn’t even know you would be here. And you haven’t exactly been speaking to me lately, Korrine. I know your dad won’t let you talk to me because he thinks I –“

         “Stop it! My dad is not the reason I won’t speak to you, Daniel! You broke my heart and I don’t want to be around you. I am over you now; so don’t try to play any of your games with me! I do not want anything to do with you anymore.”

         “If you don’t want me anymore, then why are you trying so hard to convince me? We both know you’re only trying to convince yourself.”

         “I am serious, Daniel. Leave me alone.”        

         I tried to push through the crowd but I had no luck, he caught up to me. “Whether you like it or not, Korrine, I’m here. I’ll be here all summer. I didn’t come here for you, but it just this even more of an amazing opportunity that I can have a second chance with you—“

         “You think you will have a second chance with me? Forget it!” I hissed at him. He seemed struck with surprise; I didn’t sound like my usual self. Daniel brought out a side of me I never wanted to see again.

          “So you met the new coach already? He seems pretty cool.” Hayden smiled at me as he helped me through the crowd.

         “Funny you should say that, I don’t think I’m going to like him.” I frowned.

         “Oh really? Why not?”

         “He seemed really . . . Cocky, arrogant, conceited.” I snapped.

         “I bet he is cocky, he had a full ride to play men’s volleyball at –“

         “Penn State. I know.”

         “How’d you know that?

         I froze. “He, um, told me. Kept bragging, so arrogant of him. I bet if he was really that good he wouldn’t be here.”

         “Well I heard he blew his knee out the first semester, had surgery and ended up being way too much to deal with, so he took a job here instead.”