Chapter 4

Third person pov

"Oh my god, they're here!"

"Shut up, Atlas. They'll hear you."

"Well so-rry, Mark! I'm panicking, okay?"

The two boys were both roughly around sixteen or so, standing in Ella's hallway while working through their distress in the most unproductive manner possible. They had their backs pressed up against the wall, and stood as still as humanely possible for fear of being heard. It's not that they weren't supposed to be here or anything. This wasn't a case of breaking and entering— they did indeed live here. It's just that... well, no one really knew of their existence. And they would sort of like to keep it that way, at least for the time being.

The pair weren't ninjas or even trained fighters, really. That didn't make them any less aware of the intruders who'd broken in not moments ago. They were both freaking out in their own, respective ways as they tried to figure out what the literal fuck they were supposed to do. Did Atlas go get a baseball bat and go take care of it? Did Mark drop kick one and hope it took them out?

They clearly weren't actual burglars. They were looking around and hardcore snooping, but Mark was pretty sure they hadn't taken anything. That counted only slightly. It was only a matter of time before they came across something witch-y that Ella would struggle to explain. It was a disaster waiting to happen, and Mark was reasonably agitated as such. He was more annoyed than afraid.

Atlas was more worried about the whole thing than Mark was, constantly running a hand through his bright blue hair. His purple freckles bunched together in places as he frowned, his turquoise eyes darting around in search of a solution. He wasn't trained for this! How was he supposed to call the police when they were all dead? God damn Uchiha's. Nevermind! This left very, very limited options for him to pick from. He could square up and brawl it out. He'd probably die in the process, but that was the most likely choice at this point.

Mark was a lot chiller. It was sort of concerning seeing as there was a pair of strangers in their house rifling through the kitchen. Mark always had been weird, though. He was covered in abstract tattoos that climbed up his arms and neck, and his gold eyes couldn't possibly be natural. Atlas had a working theory that be wasn't even a human, and had actually crawled from the pits of hell itself. It wasn't a theory based on nothing. Atlas and Ella had been gathering evidence from day one.

Kakashi and the Hokage wandered through what appeared to them to be a relatively normal house. A bit big for one person and more on the victorian side, but it was a house! There were a few oddities they didn't know about. Like the witch cave under the home, full of potions, ingredients, cauldrons, and spiders. There were also a few gargoyles lurking about just out of sight, eyeing the intruders warily. Atlas had forced the sentient boom and dustpan into the supply closet and told them to shut the hell up unless they wanted to become kindling. They'd been silent since.

Neither had any clue about the two teenage boys standing just feet away from them in the hall. Nor did they notice the silver-haired deertaur freaking out just outside the kitchen window. Yes, deertaur. Like a centaur, but a deer. It was a long story that really wasn't important right now. This was a crisis just waiting to occur. An unwanted bomb about to drop!

Nev had spikey silver hair that matched the color of his deer body. His eyes were a stormy grey, and he was currently in the midsts of a small mental break. The young creature didn't have the social skills to deal with this right now, even though he was pretty sure they were being robbed. Could he stab the intruders with his antlers? Were his antlers even sharp enough for that?! If they saw him, then... well... That was besides the point right now!