Chapter 6

Maxon

I reject you Maxon Timothy Ellis, I hereby take away my mate bond, my heart and my soul. Will you accept?

I do not accept. I wasn't going to let her go so easily. I wasn't going to allow her to walk out of my life and never come back. I wanted her now and forever. I should've just listened to Juan...

Then you leave me no choice. I, Nova Amelia Summers hereby renounce the Midnight Sun pack and you as my Alpha. I also renounce my claim as Luna and will not take part in any pack activity. I will henceforth be known as a Rogue. Do you accept Alpha, she asked.

She was breaking my heart. My head was spinning, and I couldn't breathe. I fell to my knees. There was no point in me acting the part of the man if I wasn't one. Nova completed me in ways she doesn't even know. Yet. I couldn't let her leave me like this. I wouldn't let her leave me like this.

I do not accept, I said with a broken voice. If I were speaking aloud Alex, Juan, and Vanessa would be able to hear the heartbreak in it. My wolf and I were dying. I couldn't lose my mate. I wouldn't.

"Damn it, Maxon. This is what you wanted. Let me go. Why are you fighting it now," she asked me; shouting. She had walked up to my kneeling frame and yelled. I didn't care that she was yelling, she was close to me, to us. I wanted her to yell at me every day if she would be this close.

"Nova, calm down. What's going on," Alex asked her. He was finally able to hear what was being said.

He was forever the peacemaker. I was sorry that I had caused his sister to want to leave him. He wouldn't be able to follow her, with him being my Beta and all. It was then that I realized that I hadn't just hurt my mate, but my best friend as well. I never thought it would go this far. I never thought she would want to leave him or leave me.

"No! No," she shouted at him. "You don't get to save him from this! He deserves this. He was going to keep me a fucking secret. Me! I'm his fucking mate Alex! He wanted to keep me a secret because I wasn't what he wanted."

I broke her. We could all hear it in her voice. Every word was filled with pain and hurt and what I believed was hate. Hate for me. She hated me...

"WHAT! ELLIS IS THAT TRUE?" I didn't even give him the satisfaction of an answer. I just kept my gaze on Nova. All four of them turned their gaze my way waiting for my answer or for me to say anything.

"Nova, please don't do this. I love you. Please just stop this," I begged reaching for her hand.

When our fingers touched, heat radiated from our fingertips to our palms; it was magick. A million different sensations ran through my body and ignited a lot of things in me. My wolf howled out for his mate. I could see that Nova and her wolf were struggling to suppress the same feelings. Tears welled up in her eyes but refused to fall. I thought back to what I said.

I love you. The words kept playing back. I did love her and almost losing her was the perfect way to realize it.

"Don't do what," Alex asked cutting in again. If I weren't so distraught it would've really upset me.

"She has rejected me and has decided to renounce the pack and become a rogue," I spoke before, she could. I needed as many people on my side as possible. I wanted her to stay, and this was one of my desperate attempts for that to happen.

"Nova you can't," Alex replied, hurt. He looked at her with pleading eyes that her eyes fled from.

I knew what I was doing to her. I was eating at her conscience. She wouldn't be able to leave if her brother begged her to stay. Alex was my only hope, and I was really hoping he came through for me. I needed this girl in my life. The idea of her walking out on me gave me a searing pain in my chest. For the first time, I let myself cry in front of people.