Chapter 1

Celeste
A knock on my bedroom door awoke me. I moved slowly out of bed, rubbing the tiredness out of my eyes as I opened the door. I groaned when I realized it was Vox, my annoying twin brother.

"Why are you waking me up so early?" I grumbled.

Vox only laughed as he looked at me. "You do realize you're being sent off in fifteen minutes, right?" Vox asked.

"Fifteen minutes. For wh—. Oh my stars I have to get dressed!" I yelled as I slammed the door on my brothers face and scurried over to my dresser.

I pulled on my usual battle clothing which was a green and purple dress with a slit between my legs for mobility. I secured my light shoulder and chest armor. In a hurry, I braided my platinum blond hair which took ages because of how long it was. I almost stepped out of the room before remembering my staff.

"Wouldn't want to forget that." I joked as I grabbed it and made my way down to the main room.

"Hey, Celeste what took so long?" Kestrel asked in the corner while leaning against the counter. She grabbed a ruby red apple and tossed it towards my direction. I caught it with ease.

"I slept in. Out of all days." I said.

"Man, that sucks. Make sure you don't push yourself. Have fun and don't let my down!" Kestrel said. I nodded and waved goodbye to find the other two members.

***

My heartbeat quickened as I walked down the long, eery corridor. I was accompanied by my two friends, Taka and Lance. This was our first mission of the day and I couldn't fail the team.

"You ready?" I asked excitedly as I pranced down the hallway.

"Hey save that energy on the battle field, Celeste." Lance said, readjusting his grip on his shield when we arrived to the tall metal doors in front of us.

I pouted as I looked at him, "Aww. Come on at least smile, Lance. You're always so... strict." I said.

He only shook his head when Taka then pushed between us. "It's too early to argue already guys. Let's just gooo." Taka said as he pushed open the doors and hurried in.

I followed in after quickly to see three glowing platforms, a message with our name on it at the bottom. I squealed in anticipation as I went over to my platform. When I stepped on the floor, it changed to a light shade of blue and spirals of colors flew around me. I held tightly onto my staff as we began to fly up. We were going to be transported to the battlefield.

Adagio
I held a large, brown book in my hands as I slowly flew down the hallway. All my attention was on this book before a large body ran into mine. I flung my arms in an attempt to catch my balance but ended up landing on the ground. A frown crossed my face when I saw it was Ozo. I pointed at him.

"You!" I barked. "Watch where you're going next time you imbecile." I said.

Ozo stuck his tongue out in my direction before standing up. "You mad?" He asked.

"Why yes. You know not to get on my bad side." I warned to Ozo.

"Pah. Bad side my butt. I'll apologize later." Ozo said.

"Why you—." I said before shooting out a ball of fire from my hand.

"WhohaHAHAHA." Ozo yelled as he dodged the fire. "Catch me if you can." Ozo taunted before running down the hallway as well as bouncing off the walls. 

I breathed in heavily before picking up my book and brushing the dust off the cover. Using my wings I flew off the ground once more. "That monkey is going to get the best of me." I complained as I caught sight of both Koshka and Samuel.

"Adagio!!!!" Koshka yelled before flinging in my direction. "Aren't you happy to be on the battlefield today?" Koshka asked while pouncing back and forth.

"Why yes I am. In five minutes we'll have to get on the platforms or the match will be canceled. Shall we go?" I asked towards both of them.

Samuel nodded before leading us both to the room where the transporters were held.

Goosebumps ran of my bare arms as I looked at the platforms. Walking towards the one with my name I then stepped on. Looking to my right, both Koshka and Samuel stepped onto their platforms. I closed my eyes when the rays of blue light circled our bodies, lifting us.

"No mercy." I muttered when we were taken to the battlefield.