Chapter 2

Celeste
When I opened my eyes I was introduced with a glowing gold barrier. The floor was no longer a bright platform but cobbled stone floors. I turned to see both Taka and Lance already buying their items. In a hurry I bought an energy battery and two halcyon potions.

We waited for the countdown to begin. A female voice boomed across the lane and jungle.

The battle for the halcyon fold has begun.

With a boost of speed, me and my teammates ran down the lane. Both Lance and Taka leaving to get a head-start on the jungle minions. I slowed into a small jog when I arrived to the first turrent. I looked at my surroundings, the area was filled with large bushes. A group of blue minions passed me and began to shoot small balls of light towards the competing minions. I couldn't help but chuckle as I raised my staff, placing down a large pink orb that wiped out a good amount of the red minions. I could feel my bank increase as I continued to go on a gold rush. But it was stopped when I felt a sharp pain in my right arm.

"Urgh!" I gasped as I put a hand over the quickly healing wound. I turned my direction towards a man in a dark purple hood. He was a short man with horrible posture and just reeked of death. I nearly gaged on the spot as I placed another ball down in an attempt to hit him. Missing, he once began to attack. He sent out a large cloud of purple gas and I took a step back as it increased on me.

I reached a hand out to touch the unknown gas and felt a stinging sensation on my fingers. How powerful was this man?

I quickly went around the gas and shot out a streak of light. The man grunted as he was hit by the attack. I continued to shoot out of my hands when he decided to pull off, disappearing into the brush.

I sighed in relief when I continued to get the minions, but that fun was ended when I realized those red minions just weren't dying.

The minions were glowing an odd yellow and green, but it didn't seem to burn them but heal them!

"Oh my stars what is happening here?" I asked as I got a closer look. But I was soon surprised by a pair of large, blue wings. I yelped in surprise as I was repeatedly shot with balls of fire. I turned around to stun the man. Slowly the shots stopped and I was able to see my next attacker. My eyes widened slightly when I saw him.

He was an angelic man, with blue wings that lifted him off the ground and long, white hair that was braided and slung behind him. He had a bare chest and blue high waisted pants and boots. He had large elf like ears and claws. But what attracted me most were those sparkling blue eyes that looked directly into mine.

Blue eyes met pink eyes.

Coming back to my senses I called for Taka and Lance to come up and aid me. They arrived quickly.

"What's wrong, Celeste?" Lance asked as he looked though some leaves to look at the empty lane.

"I need you to get that flying guy. I can't look at him." I said as I sat down on the ground and wrapped my arms around my legs.

"You want us to provoke a team fight?" Taka offered. "It'll be a clean attack. I'm getting bored, anyways."

I nodded as I stood up and flicked my staff towards the bush next to us. It landed and I was able to see the other team.

In the bush was the hooded figure that had shot me earlier as well as the angelic man. There was also another unfamiliar face, a young catlike woman that wore nearly nothing. The audacity. I swiftly placed down a stun and Taka went in. Lance aiding both me and Taka as I began to explode balls. "Bang, haha Big Bang!"

In about an instant Taka was wiped out. It was incredible to see how strong this group was compared to ours.

"Lance, pull back!" I yelled as I began to sprint towards the jungle. I looked around wildly and then jumped into one of the neighboring bushes. I pressed against the floor as I tried to catch my breath.

It appeared Lance didn't make it either as he was sent to base to be healed.

I heard a voice to my left and I whipped my head in the direction of the noise.

Blue eyes met pink eyes.

I gasped quietly as I saw the figure increasing on me. With new energy I ran out of the bush, landing a ball behind me in an attempt to get away from the flying figure.

I felt a large amount of weight land on me as I rolled down to the ground. A clump of dirt getting in my mouth as I was held down. I craned my neck in the direction of the winged man and gave him the most disgusted look I could. I felt sharp nails dig into my shoulder. "Garh! You need to cut those things." I said as I rolled out from under the man, standing quickly in a protective stance.

"How rude, these nails are normal for my kind." The man said crossing his arms.

"Haha, how unfortunate. Are you going to kill me now?" I asked while gripping onto my staff.

He chuckled.

Adagio
"Kill you? Now that isn't much fun. I'd rather let you suffer, now carry on. Your team needs you." I said with a satisfied smile.

The woman scoffed in annoyance as she looked at me, her pink eyes were filled with rage and I could not help but laugh. "How dare you mock me like that! A man who would not commence in a fight isn't a real one." The woman hissed before shooting a orb of light down on me.

My skin began to prickle from the immense heat that radiated off the orb and I quickly pulled away.

"Hm? Does it burn?" The woman taunted before running off.

"A feisty one we have." I said. "Wouldn't want to make her mad." I grumbled before making my way to the lane.

By now the other team had lost three turrents from my team. Ours nice and healthy.

"Gioooooo~ What took you so long?" Koshka asked.

"Sorry... I got in a small dilemma just now. But it's all handled. Now, lets go win this." I said.

Samuel nodded before making his way down the lane with me and Koshka by his side. But we were stopped when an army of lights came in my direction. With no time to react I got hit.

My bar was dangerously low from the attack the blonde girl had sent out. My heartbeat increasing. Such an attack impressed me.

We commenced a fight.

Koshka leaped in and slashed her claws against the blonde haired woman's face, a red line appearing on her cheek from the cut. Samuel had sent out a cloud of gas which began to frequently lower the enemies bar, but the fox seemed to have dodged the gas as he ran towards Samuel and jumped, digging deep into his shoulder with his knifes. I had tried my best to keep my team alive, using every ounce of healing I had in me for the team.

Before I had time to react a pink orb of light landed on me and I was knocked out. Spirals of blue surrounding me and a woman's voice booming over the lane.

You have died.

What? Impossible.