Chapter 3

Celeste
I screamed with joy as I stepped on the platform to be teleported back home.

"I can not believe we got their gem!" I yelled in excitement.

"I know right? You had such a great comeback, Celeste. What made you so angry?" Taka asked.

"Oh.. nothing." I said with a smirk as I turned around to make my way outside of the teleporting chamber. I was ecstatic to know I killed that healing.. angel... man? It was an achievement on its own.

When Taka, Lance, and I walked into the main room a chorus of congratulation came in our direction. I could've been knocked down from their voices. My smile grew as large as it could be. I was hugged tightly by Kestel.

"Ohhhhh my gosh girl. You were so awesome today!" Kestrel said as she took my hands and began to jump up and down.

A hand wrapped around my waist and I was twirled around into a broad chest. I looked up to see Baron and I saw my eyes widen.

"Hey... Good job today." Baron said. I shyly looked up at him and nodded.

"Heh.. thanks." I said. "I wish you were there to experience it. The battle was heart thrilling." I said.

Baron chuckled as he pulled you into a hug and I rested my head on his shoulder. "I wish I was there." Baron whispered into my ear.

When I pulled away my cheeks were heated and I could not look Baron in the face. I was far too embarrassed. We had small talk before I recognized the voice of both my father and Vox. I whipped my head around and began running in their direction. My father opened his arms and I happily jumped into them. "I'm so proud of you, baby girl." He said to me. "Your mother would be pleased." He said.

"Yeah! I saw that one time you nearly took down the whole enemy team. We rioted." Vox said before joining the hug.

"Hmph. Now get off of me you two. You don't look as light as you look." Ardan complained before dropping me and my brother to the floor. We shared a laugh.

"We must all celebrate! For the win today!" Kestrel yelled over the crowd. "Drinks! At the bar tonight. Wear your best clothes. This will be the start of a good month."

***

I made my way to my bedroom and closed the door behind me. I sighed as I plopped down on my bed and placed my staff to the side. I pulled off my shoes and stretched out my toes. I was satisfied and was happy that we would have a celebration. Oh I hope the bar won't kick us out this time...

I stripped from my battle uniform and folded it up nicely. Placing it in my drawer I then looked at my clothes. What caught my eyes was a grey box. I picked the box up and put it down on my bed. I opened the top slowest and it revealed a white dress. I gasped quietly as there was jewelry inside it as well.

"I don't remember having this." I mumbled as I held the dress up. It was a white, off shoulder dress. The dress went down to the floor and it went well with the green and gold necklace that came with it. In anticipation I put the dress on and the necklace and looked at my appearance in the full length mirror. It was absolutely breathtaking and I couldn't help but twirl in the white fabric.

I redid my braids and slipped on a pair of flats. I left my bedroom and met up with the rest of group and headed over to the bar.

"You look hot." I heard Baron said.

My cheeks tinted red as I turned around to see Baron wearing a nice pair of black dress pants and shoes. He wore a white button down that was unbuttoned at the top to show some chest.