The stars are burning bright [jacob black story 08]

I walked into Calculus breathing like I'd just run a marathon. I looked around the room and saw Quil, who was talking to some guys that I didn't know. That wasn't unusual though--I didn't know many people here. I scurried over to my desk and sat down quietly. I wanted to tell someone about what just happened--but I knew that Quil wasn't the best candidate for this. Perhaps Kim. Or maybe Embry. I sighed, as I opened up my book and took out the homework from last night. I wish that Tasha was here.

Hmm...

Not to mention I didn't really want to talk about this with a guy. I copied the work off of the over head projector and started working silently. Quil finally stopped talking to the boys and took a seat beside me. I could feel him staring at me, smiling-like he already knew what happened. I quickly glanced at him and he smirked. I gave him a questioning look. He only shook his head and looked towards the board.

Did he know?.

No way. There was no way Jacob could have found him in that amount of time and tell him what happened between us. Unless, of course, some one saw us. I put my hands on my head and made a slight grimace. Perfect. That's exactly what I need right now. People talking about Jacob and I.

I turned towards Quil, against my better judgment and sighed. "What's so amusing?" I hissed. He merely looked up from his notebook pretending like he hadn't just smirked at me-obviously aware of my kiss with Jacob!

Maybe I'm just paranoid...

I tilted my head and looked at him, waiting for him to say something.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Was all he said. He glanced back to the teacher, who was now going over the answers to last night's homework. "Pay attention!" He hissed.

"You never pay attention, you liar!" I hissed. "Now tell me-"

"Miss Young, stop talking back there!" My teacher's voice boomed over the class. I was quickly pulled out of my thoughts and snapped back towards the overhead and started coping down notes. "Sorry Mrs. Bradberry."I sighed and turnedmy attention back towards the equations. "Okay, so next you would take the..." I completely zoned out and looked back at Quil. "I know that you know. And I want to know how?"

Quil sighed, putting his pencil down. "Look. I don't really don't want to talk about this right now. And if I did know what you were talking about--which I don't. It's not that big of a deal. So chill out."

I looked at him, "So you do know?"

He rolled his eyes, "Shut up, Teg. Really. I've got to get to work."

------

"Embry! Hurry up! I've got to get out of here!" I squealed, picking up my backpack and slinging it over my shoulder. I was extremely ready to get out of this hell-hole and tell Embry about the events of today. He was going to freak. Jacob had been in French, but he'd sat on the opposite side of the class room with his head down the entire time. I guess he was back to normal.

"Okay, okay!" Fussed Embry, throwing his messenger bag over his shoulder and following me out the door. "I'm coming!" I ran down the hall, trying to find my locker. I finally found it, opened it and retrieved my history book. "Okay. Let's go." I sang. Racing towards the double doors. I glanced back and noticed that Embry was still at the back of the school.

"Embry!" I yelled. "Come on!"

He made a face at me and I gave him a rude hand gesture in reply. After about five minutes Embry dragged himself down the hall. "About time, I told you to hurry." He only rolled his eyes and opened the door.

We walked towards his truck and hopped in. I threw my backpack in the back seat. "My house or your's?" Asked Embry, wiping the rain from his brow. It always rained here. "Mine." I said matter-of-factly. As if he didn't know the drill.