Part 21 Eternal darkness

The city was burning, crumbling and destroyed as citizens that were now dead walk around to find something or someone to eat making me tell everyone to get to the manhole cover and get in the sewers with Raph ready to close it once I get in, I was panicked at seeing all of this just now really because I was just gone for nine months and this is what happened!? It's not possible at all to happen right now because in the end it just couldn't unless something happened while we were gone "What just happened!? We were only gone for about a few months and this is what happens!?" April yells with panic as she was worried for her family like Casey for his own. We decided to first go to the lair and see what was going on there before doing anything else from there since we now had to make sure everyone was safe from all of this and make sure none of us were in a weak spot to end up like those things up there, when we got there we discovered that everything was now covered in dust so we had no choice but to clean up the lair making Donnie to check around the equipment to make sure it was alright while Raph took care of the bedrooms by first cleaning his then mine and putting my things in his room then Donnie and finally Leo and Mikey by packing everything in boxes and only the things that can burn because we didn't want them to stay with us anymore like this.

April and Casey decided to look in the kitchen to see what we need on food and medical supplies making father go to his room to take care of it while I was on the couch with the kids as they slept right now, Raph came out every few moments from Leo or Mikey's room with a few boxes of there things to burn because he told me that inside each of them which I looked in where pictures or something I used making me scared even more of them which he then went in the sewers to burn them "Me and Casey are going to go to the stores to get some things and maybe more weapons that can help us fight those things" April said making me worry that they might get killed but Raph came out and said he would join them to help with the things they need to bring making me make Raph promise to come back with the both of them alive with him. I waited for the trio to come back from the couch while holding Hage while Diana was with her uncle Donnie right now "What do you think about Leo and Mikey?" Donnie asked making me look at him for a moment before looking back to my cute human son and then my human daughter "There for now gone on a long trip to my two little ones but for us. There both dead" I said making him nod before going to tell our father as I looked back to the entrance where the lair door opened to let them all three walk in with bags of food, medicine and guns with ammo making me smile at how they made it with getting all of this right now before going over to them with Hage in my arms making Raph put the gun and ammo bags down to hold us while Casey got the groceries in the kitchen and April took the medicine in Donnie's lab.

"We saw them, they were all walking slow but they were eating, people who were still alive and sometimes it was just disgusting because we had to get them in the head to keep them dead on the ground" Raph said making me nod as I stayed close to him while Hage started to make little noise for his daddy to take him, so he took him from me while Donnie came over to get the weapons he brought with him "Were gonna need to make sure of where we can go and what we need for the trip before doing anything else because if we don't then we might loose someone on the way" Donnie explained making us all nod "Well for now were gonna stay here in the lair, April and Casey can take one of us to there house to get there things and then once we see that there's no more food to take we start getting ready to leave and go somewhere else like Casey's farmhouse" I said making them all agree as we will leave when we take the last of the food that is here. We all got a few things set and we decided to Let Donnie build a machine to let us travel to another dimension where we live but in another way if things go bad and we can't stay anywhere safe making me agree to it with all of them but for now we were gonna just try to let the kids grow a little more before going anywhere by trying to save the food we have as we all went to bed for the night making place the kids in my old room while I went to sleep with Raph in his room right now "I hope things get better Raph" I whispered as he nodded "Yeah, since Dia and Hage are still small they can't know much or survive without us at all so we need to keep them safe for now" he replied making me nod to him as we went to sleep for the night with no dreams coming to me, it made me wonder how things would become as we wait for time to pass right now when I woke up the next morning to Raph still holding me since we were cuddling together and it made me wonder if something was going to happen to us next but instead I got out of the bed while he slept to get something to eat this morning.

I hope we can survive this and start a new life somewhere else that is far away from these monsters.