Chapter 6

It's a Friday night and mine and Kaedes one month anniversary. I can tell Kaede is hiding something from me and I've been able to tell for a few weeks now. I really want to ask him but I don't want to ruin his good mood. He's been snappy the last few days. Even with me.

"Kaede, what's wrong?" I ask after he's been sitting there staring into space for the last 10 minutes.

"It's nothing, Lyd."

"Don't lie to me, Kaede Edwards." I ground out through gritted teeth.

"I don't have to tell you every little thing." he hisses at me.

"You're right, you don't. But when you start getting snappy with me is when I will start demanding answers. Which is now." I say, glaring at him.

He just sits there, glaring at me. I can see his nose flaring with each breath he takes. If I wasn't so mad, I would've thought it was amusing.

"You know what? Fine, don't talk but don't come to my house tonight. Or tomorrow. I leave for a shoot tomorrow afternoon. So I guess we will see where this relationship stands when I get back." I tell him as I'm standing up. "Bye Kaede." 

I try not to cry as I walk out the door and thank God I was successful.

I don't have my car with me and I don't think Kaede would like it if I hotwired his car. I had been hailing a cab for the past five minutes when I felt a hand on my shoulder. I can tell it's Kaede by his hands and his cologne.

"What do you want, Kaede?" I turn around to him, crossing my arms over my chest.

"I'll drive you back, and then I will talk to you." I look up into his eyes to see if he's telling the truth, his eyes look hopeful, like he thinks I'll walk away.

"Okay, fine." He holds his elbow out to me, like a real gentleman. I roll my eyes but slip my a through his and start walking towards his new Escalade.

"Oh, by the way. I love the new caddy." I say, winking at him.

"Thanks, babe." He says, chuckling.

"What? You know I'm a car freak!"

It's true. I absolutely have an obsession with cars. I always have. My Mom and I used to go to car shows all over the world.

"That's one of the many things about you that intrigue me."

I smile at him and lean over the console to kiss his cheek.

The car ride to my pent house was silent, which I was very grateful for, my nerves were starting to kick in about this talk.

We finally made it and the valet helped me out and Kaede held his hand out for me. Everyone was staring at us as we walked in and I had no clue why, we've walked in here a million times.

"Why are they staring?" I whisper in Kaedes ear.

"I'm not very sure but it might have to do with the new photo shoot you did."

"Kaede, they've never stared at me like this because of something like that." I don't really see what that would have to do with anything.

"Just don't worry about it, Lyd. .sure it's nothing." He says as we step in the elevator and I press the pent button and put my code in.

The ride was silent as I stared out the glass wall of the elevator looking out at the city. I had the same view from the whole side of my pent.

I lead him to the livingroom and grabbed a glass of wine from my drink cabinet.

"Want some?" I ask him, holding the bottle up.

"No thanks. I don't want any alcohol in my system for this talk." I look at him strangely but nodded.

"Alright, start you story, Kaede and I will decide where we stand." I tell him.

"Alright, I'm going to start from the very beginning. I was born in Italy, in a very wealthy family. We had everything we could ever want. As a kid I was taught a lot of self defense and I never thought anything of it. When I was 15 my father called me into his office and told me that I would be taking over the family business which I already knew that would happen. I was the eldest of three. But what my father told me was not what I was expecting. He sat me down and started telling me of our family history again something I thought I already knew but there was a whole another side I didn't know about. From that day on I started learning the ropes of out family business which wasn't just hotels like I thought. That day I started learning about the Mafia. We were and still are the strongest family. I changed my name in the states because I didn't want a lot of problems to rise. My real name is Nicholai Kaede Berteloni. I've been the head since I was 20. So about 6 years now. I've been upset the last few days because some problems have came up and I need to go to Italy next week. But I didn't want to leave you here for I don't even know how long. I really care for you Lydia Steel. And I'm sorry for being rude the last few days. I truly am." 

A/N well I hope you all like this chapter. sorry it took so long to update I was busy Christmas shopping and dealing with the drama of Thanksgiving. sorry lovies! anyway, let me know what you think.