Chapter 8

Okay guys, I know it has been forever but I've had a rough new year. I've had two family members die, one have surgery and come live with me and a bunch of family drama but here is the long awaited chapter. It will not be my best work but it will have to do for now.

Anywho, enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~

The Berteloni Estate was as breathtakingly beautiful as I remembered it to be. When I was younger this was my second home, I knew every little hiding place in the estate thanks to many of games of hiding seek. When we arrived, Louisa was standing at the door with a huge grin on her face.

"Louisa!" I run up to her and pull her into a tight hug.

"Elizabetta, dear, how are you?"

"Oh, Louisa, you know me, always causing some kind of trouble." I joke with her.

"That is very true. My handsome boy, come give mama a hug!"

Kaede blushes but does as he is told. If I had a camera, I would've taken a million photos of that moment.

"I brought you, your favorite wine. I know how much you adore it."

"Grazi, darling."

~~

After spending a few hours with Louisa, Kaede and I express our love and goodbyes to his mother.

Kaede refuses to tell me where he is taking me on this "date". Personally, I think he doesn't even know where he is taking me.

Thirty minutes later we pull up to a nice restaurant in the middle of Rome. I'm thankful I dressed up in a cute crocheted white long sleeve dress that came down to mid-thigh with a simple pair of black peep toe Louboutin stilettos.

We were seated immediately which surprised me because they were quite busy tonight. Our meal came and went and we continued to sit there drinking wine and joking around. I noticed it was getting dark out, meaning we had been there for a good three hours.

I was sitting there, looking out the window when I heard Kaede whisper my name. I look over to his seat and notice he isn't there anymore, I look around and found him kneeling on one knee with a ring box open showcasing a huge diamond ring. It was at least ten carrots and had about 5 diamonds on either side. I just looked at him in complete and utter shock, I didn't know what to say or do. Kaede finally noticed I wasn't going to say anything and decided to speak.

"Lydia, I love you with all of my heart! I would do anything and everything for you so will you please do me the honor of being my beautiful bride?" His eyes were so hopeful that I couldn't say no even if I wanted to.

"Oh my god, Kaede" I breathlessly whispered. "Yes, of course, I will."