costume party sucks

rule no. 17

to be honest, reunion in cemeteries is much better than costume parties.

"Happy halloween!" I shouted at luke

"Ugh! It's too early!" He said, face still on the pillow

"Sipain kaya kita diyan! It isn't early, it's already 4 am. We should go to the cemetery as early as possible!"

"Alright, alright!" He said while trying to get up.

I don't know how and why but he managed to stay here for a few months already. Not that i mind it but he seems to be enjoying his short term hiatus.

Is it bad to say i don't want them to start making world tours again?

-
"Come on... Buy that one. Pleaseeeeee" i tried pursuing him with puppy eyes.

"But, the flower arrangement isn't okay. We'll just waste money on that. Sayang pera."

Okay... You're freaking rich and you worry about money? Pesos?

"But lola likes yellow flowers"

"I don't think your deceased lola will appreciate sunflowers"

"But-"

"I think he's right.  Tanga mo kasi ate" and there goes my very supportive cousin.

Then as we arrived the cemetery.

"Why so handsome naman that guy?"

"Bes ang gwapo at tangkad niya"

"Si luke bayun?"

Let's just say that a lot of people, especially girls, are really swooned by luke. And it's halloween for god's sake. Leave him alone and play with your candles.

"I can't see!" I complained as we pass through the crowd. And he carried me... He placed me on his back. (Piggyback)

Of course we got a lot of disapproving glances from the elders but who cares nowadays? It's halloween. Okay, i keep saying it's halloween as an excuse haha.

-

As we arrived the mausoleum of our family... Luke was really surprised. Or was that an understatement?

We arrived to see a lot of food.

There's pancit, spaghetti, cake, softdrinks, rice, adobo, menudo and a lot of kakanin.

"I didn't expect a fiesta here" luke said as i told him

"Mag bless ka"

"To whom?"

"All of the elders that are present here"

"But i dont know them"

" i dont know them either but you have no choice" i shrugged

We arrived at about 7 am in san miguel cemetery and stayed until 8 pm.

A lot of them teased me on graduating already at the single club. And luke and i still arent together and they weren't convinced. I wish they were right tho.

My other cousins are asking for christmas money gifts and christmas is still one month away.

We talked and slept.

Luke got trouble on finding a proper bathroom. Poor him. I told him to just wee behind the grass but he won't.

It's a halloween party disguised as a reunion for our whole family.

But happy things always have their downfall, right?

-

Sipain kaya kita diyan!- i'll kick you there

Tanga mo kasi ate- youre an idiot, ate

Bes ang gwapo at tangkad niya- he's tall and handsome bes(a common address to a friend in the philippines. Short for bestfriend)

Si luke bayun?- is that luke?

-
Halloween update. Happy halloween!

It sucks, i know. But then the main purpose of this story is to show you a glimpse of filipino culture so there you go:)