10

Harry rushed outside the shower, wrapping a towel around himself to prevent catching a cold as he walked all the way over to his bedroom in the quiet of the early morning. It was just too early for him to be up and about but he had exactly one hour to dry his hair and get completely dressed to go for a small walk over the restaurant to pick his car up and then accompany Niall for the breakfast date. He couldn't believe his luck that he had ended up over sleeping. 

"Shit," the brunette cursed to himself, grabbing the first sweater he could lay his hands on. It was definitely chilly outside with the November air ready to blow them all away with it's cold winds. He quickly took the towel off, letting it fall on the floor as he sprayed cologne on himself before grabbing white Calvin Klein boxers and placing them on and then pulling the sweater down his shoulder. Rushing quickly, he reached for the black jeans, sending a desperate prayer to the Lord's above that the blue towel he had wrapped around his hair would work it's magic and instantly dry his hair up so he wouldn't have to plug in the blow dryer. However, when he pulled the towel off, nothing of the sort happened, leaving his long curls into the wet mess that they always were after he finished showering. 

Grabbing a hold of the dryer, he kept a tab on the clock while running a comb through his hair with one hand and using the other to blow dry the combed hair. It made his curls into a wavy sort of mess that was easily manageable. The most difficult part of dealing with un-straight hair was that they required a lot of time to become dry because if he was to go outside with them all damp and wet, the mess they would become after drying on their own would be a great tragedy. 

Once he was done, he quickly stuffed his phone and wallet inside the pocket of his jeans and grabbing a scarf from the hanger, he rushed out of his room and down the steps towards the main door. Glancing casually towards the kitchen and the hallways, he walked outside, glad that his activities hadn't woken anybody up. During these holidays, all of them were taking a relaxing break. Well, the break was more so just for Harry since Gemma, Anne and Robin still worked their asses off everyday. But currently, Gemma had taken a week off to get over her heartbreak and well, because of her brother's arrival and Halloween. They hadn't really done much for the event since Gemma had gotten out of a relationship she actually cared about and Harry had gone on a date which ended with him fixing a date with his sister's ex-boyfriend. So yeah, the Styles-Twist household had really no reason to take part in the Halloween events. 

Shaking his head away from the random thoughts, Harry turned sharply around the corner, smiling at the few people he saw on the way who looked like they had just been woken up by an earthquake and really, nobody should have to wake up at 6:00 am in the morning and walk down two blocks to get their car in extreme cold. Thankfully though, Harry managed to reach the parking lot without tripping on his feet and injuring himself. He quickly opened the door of the car, turning the heat on and sighing in relief before pulling out from the parking space. 

His mind went back to Niall. Like it had been doing for the past few days. He didn't know what to make of the blonde. It wasn't that Niall was a mystery but rather, the Irishman was just a box full of contradictions. Harry couldn't ever bring himself to trust the blonde's words because the very next second, Niall was doing or saying something that just went against everything he had previously said or done! 

Chuckling to himself, Harry shook his clear as he saw Niall's car upon turning in the lane which had his house on one of the ends. The brunette quickly sped up, pulling his car in the driveway and getting out before Niall could honk or worse yet, ring the door bell himself. He rushed towards the blonde's black Range Rover, getting inside quietly. 

"Hey." Niall was the first to break the silence that had settled between them. 

"Hi."  Harry replied back, pressing his lips together in an attempted smile. He quickly instructed Niall to take a U-turn and drive away from the street leading up to his house.  It wasn't that he was ashamed of being seen around with Niall, but rather the fact that he was going around with his sister's ex-lover was what made him all nervous and jittery.