Chapter 6-Edited

Mary's mouth was agape as you tumbled out of the shadows. You hoped that she didn't round the corner so fast but alas, the Fates were never on your side. "How did you do that?" she asked amazed. You gulped and prayed that one of the gods would help. "Um. . . ." You began. "I did it. It's shadow travel." Nico piped up as he came out of the shadows calmly.

Mary quirked her brow at him and turned back to you with a grin. "What?" You asked nervously. Mary squealed and yanked your arm as she pulled you into her room. She slammed the door behind you and did a little dance as she giggled. "What?" You asked again.

"You and Nico duh! It's totally cannon! He likes you and you like him!" She exclaimed as she gave you a tight squeeze. "Uh. . . .Nico and I only like each other as friends. Friends, Mary." You told her as you looked her in the eyes seriously. "Sure you do." She answered as she rolled her eyes at you childishly. You crossed your arms over your chest defensively. "Mary." You warned as you saw her gush and ramble some more. "What?" She asked, stopping in mid gush. "Your Aphrodite is showing." Her eyes widened for a second before she shrugged and continued to talk about how much Nico and you liked each other. She was so immersed in her own little world that she didn't realize that you had left the room.

🕱

A few hours later you felt a tap on your shoulder and turned around, surprised. You looked behind and found no one. Shrugging it off, you began to pack for tomorrow. A few seconds later you felt another tap on your shoulder. It scared you half to death as you were once in a peaceful state of mind and was even singing a few songs under your breath softly.

"So, you like me, huh?" A voice whispered quietly. You stopped what you were doing and looked around your room cautiously. You rolled your eyes as you pretended you didn't see Nico in the shadows. "Oh, how I love Nico!" You shouted as you dramatically fell down on your bed. You tried to stifle a laugh as you looked back in the corner with a smirk on your face.

Out came a red-faced Nico as you stifled another giggle. "You didn't have to be so obvious, Y/n. I know you only like me as a friend." He replied as he looked you in the eyes. You couldn't help but let out a laugh. Nico knit his eyebrows together in confusion. "If I didn't like you as a friend, then you wouldn't be here right now." You told him as you laughed loudly. His face screwed up into one of horror and it only made you cackle more.

Nico pouted as your laughter only grew. After a few minutes he began to grow tired of it. "Y/n! Stop laughing! It's not even funny anymore!" He bellowed as your laughter began to die down. "Party pooper." You muttered as you grumpily plopped down on the bed and let out an exasperated sigh. "I heard that." He replied as he sat down next to you. Propping your head up with your hands, you snuck a glance at him and whispered, "Good. You were supposed to." Nico rolled his eyes in response and turned over to you.

Raising an eyebrow at him, you looked into his eyes. "Did you ever find that spider?" He questioned. Your eyes widen to the size of saucers as you jumped from the bed and swore. Nico howled with laughter as you frantically looked around the room with your knife in hand and jumped when he played around with the shadows so that they looked like spiders crawling towards you. You were petrified with fear as a wave of shadows shaped like spiders came at you. Screaming, you ran towards your bed and tackled Nico, causing him to make an "oof" sound as you landed on him. "Okay! Okay! I'll stop! I came back here earlier and killed it. It's gone now." He assured you. You shook violently as you coward into the corner of your bed, away from Nico. "Y/n?" Nico asked you as he looked over at you and say you shaking. You shook your head and covered your face with your arms as you shook and pressed your back against the wall.

"Hey, I didn't mean to scare you that bad. I was just messing around. Are you okay?" He asked as he looked at you with concern. You felt the bed move as he crawled over to you and pried your hands from your face. Hot tears streamed down your cheeks as you tried to get him to let go of your arms. You just wanted to crawl up into a ball and cry and Nico wasn't helping with your plans. "Y/n? Hey, it's alright." He said soothingly. You shook your head and tried to crawl away from him.