Akari

Akari fussed with Tim's sweater. She had a weight on her chest, and she needed to tell Tim. "sweetheart, sugar cookie, bumpkin," she said. "I'm going to have to let, let, let you go. I know how hard this is for you, but you must stay strong. Dearie, honey, I've got to, well, lose..." Akari broke down and cried. Tim smiled, knowing this was his chance! "Stay strong, apple crumble cake. You won't miss me too much, I dare say."

She wobbled a bit in her three-inch heels, and said, "where's that Adonis fellow?" She twirled her skirt around her finger. "Shouldn't he be back now?"

Her words were cautious and clipped, unlike the smooth way she always talked.

"If they're getting ice cream, maybe 15 more minutes?" Tim said. Akari noticed he looked distracted.

Poor guy, she thought. Must be heart-broken without me.

"You'll get over me. Chocolate cake, scrumdiddlyumptious tart." Akari squeezed his shoulder with her hand. She smoothed her auburn-colored hair with the other."You'll live, chocolate chip sugar buns."

The Acura pulled up into May's driveway. The three got out, Adonis holding three packages of ice cream. They were laughing, and talking loudly.

Akari stood impatiently, hands on her hips. "Ahem?"she announced. "Ahem!"

"Oh, hey, Akari. How's it going?" May said, a smile on her face.That instantly melted into a frown when Akari frowned.

"My sweetie, my love, my life, is not with me. No more shall we be a couple!" Akari dramatically clutched her chest and batted her eyelashes. She shoved May out of the way, and said, "I might need a little- cheering up," all the while giving Adonis a toothy smile.

"Um, actually, Adonis and I were planning on watching a movie. We were going to the baseball diamond later. You're welcome to join us." May sounded doubtful. She turned toward Adonis with pleading eyes.

"Sure, you guys could all come to the diamond." Adonis said, moving towards May. "We're just- talking. May comes to me with all her questions." He put his arm over her shoulders nonchalantly.

"But, honey boo-bear, I can take you to see a real baseball game. Not a silly, elementary school tournament." Akari giggled, something so sugar-sweet, it could be served at a kid's birthday party.

"Excuse me, but my brother is playing at this 'silly elementary school' baseball game," Adonis said. He had a look of discomfort on his face. Akari pretended not to notice.

"What school does he go to?" She asked, staring into Adonis' face.

"Um, hello?" May said. She pointed to the school that was right beside her house. "Pet? Does that ring a bell?"

"Oh, no. I'm sure I'd remember a school called pet!" Akari said, in a bitter tone.

"Pierre Elliott Trudeau public school. You've gone there since grade eight." Mary said in a clearly agitated voice. "Come on, Adonis." Turning on her heel, she left. Adonis followed, looking apologetic- or so Akari thought.

The blades rasped, " She doesn't belong. We were told to find an even group."

The rope disagreed. "She belongs as much as a feather in a pillow factory. You shall not break this."