May

May was shaking uncontrollably into Ariel's shoulder. Carlisle was sobbing into her other. The water kingdom had just received word that the Apollo's Son's Monazien had been destroyed. The Fire King was still unsure if there were any survivors, but when he visited the Water Princess, he vowed to find those people who had killed so many people. Now, she was sitting by him, saddened by the loss of her brother.

How could someone be so cruel? May wondered. Then, she thought of how her mother was when May's grandfather died. She was so strong, especially for Grandma. May had been five at the time, but she was so amazed by her mom's strength.

"We need to gather an army." She said, standing in front of the Fire King.

"What does a girl know about armies?" He asked, baffled by the determination in her voice.

"I do know that I know a lot more about it than any ruler I see in this room. Even you." May retorted. Even she was impressed by her boldness.

"WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY!" The Fire King rose to triple his normal size. The flames on his shoulders rose in spite. The Water Princess created a water bubble, that quickly became a geyser. She launched it straight at his head, and he shrunk back to normal size.

"Sorry, but last time you became all fiery, you turned the lake into a just a bunch of steam." She said in her bubbly voice. Then she giggled, as young and as fresh as a schoolgirl's. "And she probably didn't mean to say a comment that could result in her beheading, or death by leeches. But she can continue- if she so wishes" she smiled again. This time, it hardly looked human. She threw her head back, and laughed a cruel, cold laugh that sounded like a wolfish howl. The sound sent a shiver up her spine. Not only did she sound inhuman, she looked inhuman. Her eyeteeth lengthened, until they were fang-like, and her face sprouted fur, and her hair became bushy. There was a look in her eye, that May just couldn't describe. But it was ghastly, and terrifying.

Nevertheless, May still stood up straight, squared her shoulders, and said, "My voice is strong enough to be heard." Her words rang around the common. "And I think we need stealth fighters disguised as medics, to help find out if any survivors are there. They can protect the regular medics. This wasn't just an attack on the Fire Kingdom- it was an attack on every single shadow realm- the Light, the Shadow, The Moon, The Sun, The Lightning, The Water, The Elf-Kind, and the Earth people, to name a few. These Shadow realms have never worked together before, but this is now and that was then. The world we know has been abolished. If we don't step up, this new world will be abolished. I am inviting every shadow realm's best warriors to come to the Fire Kingdom, to train, and to learn the ways of this new world. Because, I am afraid if we don't get this done now, we will not have a world to look forward to. If there isn't a world to look forward to it, what is the point of living?" May was speaking from her heart. Tears were pouring down her face.

By now, all of the citizens had joined in. Her voice had rung out clear and true throughout the whole of the nine main realms and all of the mini shadow realms.

A merman with a decorative jacket on stepped forward. "My lady, I am prepared to lay down my life for this land." He then bowed before her, not an easy task, being half fish.

All around the common, soldiers; men, women, fish, amphibians, and creatures of legend, bowed down before her.

"What ought we to do, m'lady?" the officer said.

"We shall go to the Fire Kingdom, and create groups. I find you are stronger together. You will be partnered with people of different realms in random ways. Each realm shall pick a representative, who will choose their teammates who will be in braziers. I am saddened to let some people know that they will be staying in their own realm, protecting the leaders."

All around the common, people raised up a cheer. That cheer was echoed all around the realm, and even beyond that. The whole world heard it.