May

May slowly moved her arms in a clockwise motion, as if she was holding a steering wheel. She was controlling a water dragon. She was ecstatic, but kept focused, determined to pass her test. Her heart was pumping fast, but she kept her eyes on the blob of water. If she passed this test, she would be on a level equal to Carlisle's level, and they could train together.

After the first two days, they found out that May was a naiad, and started her training. The effects of living underwater had taken place. Her hair had become less tangly and she wore it loose. Alice had done her hair in an intricate half-up, half-down style. Her freckles that had once been subdued, yet all across her face, were reduced to six or seven across her nose that stood out. Her brown eyes were so dark, they looked almost black. She wore a yellow tank top and a pink skirt over black leggings most often. Her feet and arms were bare, to help with spells and agility underwater.

She successfully moved the dragon from the gates of Pacifika towards her. The dragon reared his head, and changed into a bubble of water. The bubble floated towards May and enveloped her. She threw out her arms, and the bubble mimicked her, growing arms. When she struck her legs against the bottom, the bubble grew legs. It morphed into a shell of her, with the exact same shape, down to the freckles on her nose.

She stepped, and the shape did the same. She walked over to Pacifika, and lifted up the old gate- a coral and seaweed structure that had fallen years ago. She picked up the gate with ease and crushed it in between her hands.

    May turned the shape into a bubble again, and floated towards the teachers panel.  She popped the bubble just before she touched the sandy bottom.

"Well?" May asked, expectantly. The judges whispered amongst themselves. That was a huge pet peeve of hers- people talking about her, like she's not there. Adonis and Tim did it on bus rides anywhere- on field trips, on city buses- and it annoyed her to no end. The two times she asked them what they talked about, they said, typical guy stuff, yadda yadda yah. She couldn't imagine what the judges were talking about, and she didn't think it was crushes and dirty humor.

"May, after a thorough test of your skills and capabilities, we have decided you may progress to the major third." A solemn member of the panel said. "If you fall behind, we have the liberty to place you in the bottom twelfth again."

May became so excited, she jumped up and down. She raced towards the city gates, through bottom rung, and into the second rung. The rungs were where people lived. Rung One was full of soldiers- people who could protect the city in times of need. Rung Two was full of citizens and trainees. People who were subjects- ordered around, constantly. Rung Three was the Palais and shelters. The Pacific Royal Family lived here, among people who were homeless, due to storms. People think that hurricanes cause damage, but really, it's the hurricae- storm spirits like venti, but water-dwelling. May had fought one to pass Major Three.

She stopped beside a sunken vessel. She, Carlisle, and another naiad, Harmony, shared the ship, as if it was an apartment. She swam inside, and grabbed her mirror, and stroked the smooth glass. The mirror started to shimmer different colors, as if a rainbow was interwoven with the glass. Suddenly, Adonis' head popped up.

The two started talking, but neither of them realized they would see each other, much earlier than they thought they would.