Chapter 8 - Suspicion.

Yoo Jin's POV
After Prince Yo left, I said "Prince Yo, I have to go back to the kitchen to prepare for the Queen's dinner." He said "Yoo Jin, you can't. You don't have to, you're a Princess!" I smiled and said "Princess or not, I have to focus on what I am given now. Until it's proven that I'm the Princess and I am accepted to be the Princess, I'll still be a servant."

He said "Yoo Jin..." I pressed a kiss onto his cheek and said "Thank you for helping me find my brother. I'll go back to work now." He said "Yoo Jin, I didn't find Baek Ah. Baek Ah found me." I smiled and said "Either way, you played a part in it." He smiled and pressed a kiss onto my forehead before saying "You're welcome..." while wrapping his arms around my waist. I said "Prince Yo, I really need to go." He let go and nodded. I bowed and left the room, making my way towards the kitchen.

I prepared dinner with the other servants, and when Princess Mungong's servant came in to the kitchen, we brought the food over to the hall as the Queen had arrived. Before we placed our trays down, we greeted the royal family. The Queen nodded, a cue for us to start. All of us went to our respective royal family member, and placed our trays down. After that, we poured the tea for them.

Prince Yo kept looking at me throughout the whole process of me helping him with his food and tea. After that, he smiled and whispered "Thank you." I smiled and whispered back "You're welcome, Prince Yo." Along with the other servants, I went back to the kitchen and had our own dinner.

Wang Yo's POV
"Son, what's going on between you and the servant girl?" I coughed and said "Mother, what are you talking about?" She said "Don't try to hide it from me. You were smiling at her, and you spoke to her? I heard whispers from the both of you." Darn it. I can't let her know about Yoo Jin, she hates everyone that's below our status. I shook my head and said "No, Mother. You have been mistaken. I was smiling but at you. That stupid girl blocked my view of you. And the whispers were just her stupidly talking to herself."

I'm sorry Yoo Jin, for letting you take the blame for something that I failed to cover up. She said "I hope you're telling the truth, Son. Remember what I told you about hanging out with people of low statuses? And people that aren't as good as us?" I nodded and said "Yes, Mother. I remember." She said "You better." After eating, the Queen asked "Son, how are you and Princess Mungong?" I said "We're doing fine, Mother."

Mungong nodded. She never dared to go against what I told her to do. She said "That's great. When will I be able to carry a grandchild?" Princess Mungong said "We're trying, Mother." To be honest? Mungong and I sleep in different bedrooms and we were definitely not trying for a child. I hated Mungong when she was married to me. I put her in another bedroom so I wouldn't see her face. But I never told her that though. I just made up a stupid excuse for myself to be in another room.

Yoo Jin's POV
I went to look at the stars that filled the Goryeo night sky. My surprising blood relation to Prince Baek Ah shocked me, I never knew that working in the place would help me find my brother. What's even more shocking, is that I was the Princess. The missing Princess that everyone didn't know about. I sighed, rubbing my hands together and blowing onto them. Today was cold.

I felt arms around me and I turned to see Prince Yo. I said "Prince Yo." He smiled and said "Yoo Jin." He wasn't letting go of me and I said "Prince...Aren't you going to let go of me?" He shook his head and said "You're cold. I'll hug you to make you feel warm." I giggled and he said "Mother suspected something." I said "The Queen did?" He nodded and said "She saw my smile to you. She heard our whispering." I couldn't help but plaster a look of shock onto my face.

The Queen, was very scary. She not only looked scary, but when she walked around, there's this aura around her. He said "Don't worry, I told her that she got it all wrong." I nodded and said "Prince, the other servants are suspicious of us too. They asked me some questions, but I managed to avoid them." He nodded and said "Anyway, what are you doing out here alone?" I said "I'm just watching the stars. They're beautiful."

Wang Yo's POV
I sat next to Yoo Jin, keeping an arm around her waist. I never noticed the Goryeo night sky and when I looked up for the first time, I noticed how much I was missing out. The stars were shining beautifully, littered across the night sky. I smiled and said "They're beautiful." Yoo Jin nodded and said "They are." I said "I'll walk you back to your room. Baek Ah said that you were going to meet the Queen tomorrow."

I nodded and we walked back to my room, hand in hand. He said "Are you excited?" I said "For?" He said "To meet your Mother." I said "I'm more worried than excited, Prince Yo. I'm just afraid that she wouldn't remember me and probably throw me out after that." He shook his head and said "My Mother would do that, but your Mother is a different case. She is very nice." I nodded and said "I hope so."

When I reached my room, I said "Goodnight, Prince Yo." He hugged me tightly and pressed a kiss onto my forehead and said "Goodnight, Yoo Jin." I went in and shut the door behind me. Smiling to myself, I can't believe that entering the palace would enable me to find love.