Chapter 13 - Surprise.

Yoo Jin's POV
"Princess Yoo Jin?" I said "Please come in." The door opened and I saw the servant that was serving me, Jae In. I said "Oh, Jae In?" She smiled and said "Prince Yo asked me bring you to the hall. He's there with Prince Baek Ah." I smiled and said "Thank you." We left for the hall and I said "Jae In, how was your day?" She smiled and said "It was great, thank you, Princess Yoo Jin."

I stopped and held her wrist lightly. I said "Don't call me Princess Yoo Jin...Just call me Yoo Jin! I want to be friends with you..." She bowed and said "I can't do that, Princess Yoo Jin. We are not of the same status, you can't be friends with me." I said "Who said so?" She said "It's a rule in the palace, Princess. Servants and Royalty, we're not allowed to be associated with each other. We will be punished by the Court Lady."

I said "Jae In, I may be a Princess, but we're still of the same status. You deserve rights as a human being, and I will respect those rights. You may be a servant, but I view you as my friend." She said "Thank you, Princess Yoo Jin." I hugged her tightly and said "Thank you, Jae In. You're the one that keeps me company in this lonely place." She smiled widely and we conversed the whole way to the hall. When we entered the hall laughing, I suddenly noticed that Jae In silenced and bowed her head.

That was when, I noticed that Prince Yo was staring daggers at her. I said "Jae In, you can go first." She bowed and left. I went towards Prince Yo and said "Don't be so mean to Jae In." He said "She broke the rules." I said "I don't care. I was the one who told her to break the rules. Rules are meant to be broken, anyway." He shook his head and said "You are one rebellious princess." I smiled and said "But you love me. Am I right?" He nodded and said "Yes, you are absolutely correct, Yoo Jin. I do love you." Before pressing a kiss onto my lips.

"And I love you too." He smiled widely and pressed another peck onto my forehead. I said "Jae In said Brother Baek Ah was here." He nodded and said "He went to get your Mother." I nodded and Baek Ah walked in, with Mother. I said "Mother!" Before going to hug her. It's been quite some time since our reunion and after spending enough time together, I was comfortable enough to address her as Mother. She hugged me and said "Yoo Jin. Have you been well?" I nodded and said "How about you, Mother?" She smiled and said "I've been well too."

We sat down and Prince Yo greeted her. He said "Queen, I would like to take Yoo Jin as my wife, and I request for your permission to do so." Baek Ah didn't look surprised but Mother was.

Wang Yo's POV
"I'm sorry, Prince Yo, you said you wanted to take our Yoo Jin as your wife?" I nodded and said "Yes, Queen." She said "But you have Mungong don't you?" I said "Mungong and I were arranged to be married to each other. I don't have feelings for her, but I do have feelings for Yoo Jin. Even though Yoo Jin will be my second wife, I promise I'll spend more time with her."

The Queen said "Yoo Jin, will you accept his proposal?" She said "Yes Mother. I have feelings for Prince Yo too." The Queen said "Very well then. Since my daughter likes you, you have my permission." I said "Thank you, Queen." After lunch with together, Baek Ah brought the Queen back to her palace and I went around with Yoo Jin. We sat in my garden and I said "Yoo Jin, you've been very quiet."

She said "I can't grasp the fact that you asked me to marry you." I said "Do you not want to?" She shook her head and said "I want to. I'm just afraid of Princess Mungong's reaction to this piece of news." I hugged her tightly and said "One of the reasons why I wanted to marry you was to be able to be around you all the time so I could protect you from her." I hated the fear that I harboured in my heart. I hated being so afraid and worried that Mungong would hurt my love.

She said "What will your Mother think of me? She was the one who arranged to have you and Mungong get married, now you're requesting for another wife..." I said "She respects my decision."

Yoo Jin's POV
I returned to my room after dinner and wrapped my arms around my legs tightly. I really do want to marry Prince Yo, but now that Princess Mungong's in the picture, I fear for my own life. She could stab me, what else could she possibly do next?