Chapter Five (Thea): Or should I say my future baby daddy?

I knew it was in for it as soon as I saw her. The wild in her eyes. The look of her posture. The curve of her eyebrows. I walked up to her anyway.

"Hello, friend," I said smiling, ignoring the fact that she had the most questioning look on her face.

I stared at her. No response.

"Hellllooooo Earth to Sophia," I said waving my hand in front of her face.

I grabbed my lunch and headed to our table. The lunch room gets so crowded, so we sit in the back by the doors. I looked back, expecting to see Sophia behind me, but instead I saw a whole bunch of sophomore girls. It's so frustrating that freshmen get their own lunch and everyone else has to share second lunch.

"Oh my gosh! That's the girl who was on the back of his bike this morning!" I could of sworn I heard one of the sophomores say.

"I'm sorry can I help you girls?" I asked trying to be sweet.

"Do you know James McCall? Or should I say my future baby daddy?" The short haired one asked.

I actually choked on my drink. "What?" I asked, trying to cough myself back to normal.

"The new guy? I saw you on the back of his bike this morning, I think. I could've sworn it was you," she commented, with lustful eyes.

"No sorry you've got the wrong girl," I laughed and turned back to my food. The girls walked away, looking defeated.

"Thea. Nicole. Goodwin." Oh geez.

"Yes? My dear best friend? What can I do for you?" I said, looking at Sophia with a smile on my face.

"Do not lie to me. What happened this morning? I want every. Single. Detail," Sophia said, emphasizing the last part.

I explained to her that my car wouldn't start and I didn't want to be late so he gave me a ride.

"It was really no big deal. It's over now, so," I sighed, tired from all that explaining.

"Yeah? If it was no big deal why is he walking over here right now?" She asked, raising an eyebrow.

I turned and saw a smirking James walking up to our table. He sat down, starting eating his food, and didn't say anything.

"How's your day going, James?" I asked, trying to stop the gawking look Sophia was giving him.

Laughing, he looked over to me, "pretty good Miss Priss, what about yours?"

"It's alright. Everyone is asking about you. I told you, we don't get new students often," I said, taking a bite of my apple.

"Yeah? Did you tell them I almost killed you?" He snorted.

"Well of course. I wouldn't want you attempting homicide on anyone else," I laughed.

The bell rang, signaling the end of lunch.

~

I was walking out the doors of the school when I realized I didn't have a ride home. Oh well, it's a short walk.

I looked to the field and saw the football practice starting up. I saw Sophia in her cheer uniform, practicing their routines. I've never understood why she is friends with someone who is so unathletically fit. Oh well, I love her and her need to do a cheer every time something good happens. Walking forward, I felt a smile on my face. I really am lucky to have all the people in my life that I do.

Walking down the sidewalk, I saw a child walking their dog. Isn't it amazing? All these little things in life that make the world so spectacular? I can see the cloudy sky, the green bushes next to the side walk, the smell of clean air, and be completely content with it.

I made it home a lot quicker than I thought I would.

I grabbed my keys out of my bag and walked to my door, unlocking it and stepping inside. I was instantly surrounded with the smell of apple pie. I love it when Sam cooks. He may be full of himself, but he definitely has a skill for the culinary arts.

Skipping into the kitchen, I saw him with a girl.

"Hey Sam.." I said, smirking. I don't think he expected me to come home so soon. I normally wait for Sophia until she's done with practice.

Startled, he turned to me, cheeks turning a deep shade of red. Then he just stared. Literally. He just stared at me.

Walking around my weird little brother, I walked to the girl and held out a hand, "Hi I'm Sam's older sister, Thea."

"Hi! Sam didn't tell me he had an older sister," she said, clearly embarrassed by me walking in while he was trying to impress her. Oh sophomores.

I just smiled and turned to leave the kitchen.

"My name is Maci by the way!" She yelled as I started heading upstairs to my room.

I got to my door and it was closed. That's weird. I never close my door. I turned the handle and pushed the door inwards.

"What the heck!? Who are you?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A/N

Hey guys! I just want to so appreciate all the comments and votes you've given my story. I am always open for suggestions on all of my work.

Also thank you so much to the readers who have added The Guy Next Door to your reading lists or libraries. It means so much to me!!!!!!

I hope you all have a beautiful day my lovelies!!