What was

________________________________What was _________________________________

I was sweaty and more than that I was tired. My frizzy, wet hair was stuck to my neck and my jumper smelled like my father's grilled fish. Yes, you guessed right. Not good.  I had a little option of where to go since A) I managed to get lost and B) I managed to get lost. So it was either standing here gaping at the little note that I was given or attempting to get my self together somewhere.....less public.

The Chestnut tree near the park offered a little bit of protection from the blazing sun and the humid summer weather.But unfortunately by the time I managed to get under its branches my hair  turned into exact replica of MJ's curly lion mane. Which by the way is not very attractive.

 As I sat under the tree and the light breeze managed to cool me down, my eyes closed and my senses took  in the smell of fresh grass. I hated summers, but I never hated the way that grass felt under your fingertips, the way that the smell of fresh grass overtook your senses. Juts like fresh daises, roses or hot-dogs. Hot-dogs? A smile appeared on my  face as I remembered my step dad's chili hot-dogs. John wasn't really good at cooking, I mean the guy managed to burn his fingers on toast. But his chili hot dogs ? That was another thing. The way  the spices exploded on your tongue, I loved food but I loved John's chili hot-dogs even more.

Summers were always unbearable for me, but then Kieran stepped into my life and they became utterly suffocating.

Three whole months of blazing sun, freshly cut grass, bloomed flowers and  Kieran looking as beautiful as ever. Summer was when his skin turned from sheer ivory to golden brown. And his clear green eyes cached the strikes of sunlight while his midnight hair glittered in the summer shade. Kieran made my  heart beat.  Fast, strong and hard. When he walked pass a shiver run through me, that was Kieran Basil. He was summer, the sun, the smell and the heat and he turned me into a love sick puppy. My beautiful Kieran Basil.  

I was addicted to him, to his presence, smell, taste, voice, smile, touch and taste. All of him .His slender long fingers, that twisted the curls behind my ear or his top lip and the way it curved when he smirked. There was no win/win situation when it came to Kieran, because he was and still is my first love. From that summer he had me for eternity but the worst part is that he still has me for eternity, with every single part of me the broken, the torn apart and the angry. 

As I glanced over at the sky the sun crossed its path over the sky and left behind a beautiful mix of exotic colours. The exact mixture of warm orange and light blue sky that was on the day that I decided my own self worth something that I need to find again and something that reminded me of how cruel and uncaring Kieran truly was.

26th July - Huff's Bistro 

"Get  your shoes off my counter, Dan !"

Dan was more then happy to "hang out" with me at Huff's Bistro during my lunch shift. And by 'hanging out' I mean him sloppily spilling milkshakes down the counter and laughing at my disgusting hot-dog costume. Yes, a hot-dog costume.  The costume itself wasn't that bad expect from time to time when Mr Kovalsky decided to add a mini hot-dog hat on my head and make me sing  'spicy special chili hot-dog' song. And no if you're wondering that wasn't the worst part, the worst part was that Huff's Bistro was exactly 7.5 minutes away from West Community Chicago High School which makes it a very popular 'hang out' area for about 95.5% of high school kids, including the occasional visits from Principle Hopkins and few janitors. 

Dan scruffily ate his hot-dog before reaching over to me and wiggling my mini hot-dog hat.

"And you my dear need to buy another deodorant because you're starting to smell like a dog !"