Chapter 2

ASHLEY'S POV

My first day of school went better than I expected. I didn't really make any friends. Yeah I talked to Danny and his friends but I wouldn't consider them my friends. There's something off about them. I feel like they're hiding something.

I went up to my room and locked the door. Just for safety. I knew my parents weren't going to check on me anyways. They were too busy rebuilding the portal. I opened my window and jumped out. I felt the familiar rings glide across my body transforming me into my ghostly form. I was going for a fly. Flying was always my favorite part of these powers. It was relaxing.

I was so absorbed in my own thoughts that didn't watch where I was going. It wasn't until I bumped into someone that I came back to reality. Wait...I bumped into somebody!? I was flying! How?

"Hey! Watch where you're going!" the boy I bumped into shouted.

"I'm sorry." I muttered.

I was about to continue on my way when the boy called back too me. "Wait! Who are you? I haven't seen you around before. I'm Danny. Danny Phantom." He stuck out his hand. I grabbed his hand and shook it. "Oh, I'm new around here." I responded. I wasn't going to tell him my name. I didn't need anyone knowing who I really was. "Well It's nice to meet you. What's your name?" Crap. There was no way around this question. "I...I'm um...Ash. Ash Phantom." I felt like copy cat using the phantom part but it was the first thing that popped in my head. I needed to get out of here before he started asking more questions. "It was nice to meet you Danny but I really have to go. See you around later." I was hoping that last part was lie. I didn't want to see him around later. I took off as fast as could. I wanted to be home.

DANNY'S POV

I flew down to Tucker and Sam. We had been making our evening rounds around the town.

"Nothing down here. Pretty quiet night." Tucker informed me. "Anything up there?"

"There's a new ghost around. She doesn't seem like a threat." I said.

"What's her name?" Sam asked.

"Ash Phantom."

"There's another Phantom!?" Tucker yelled.

"Apparently so." I answered.

"I would keep an eye on her, Danny. You need to find out who she is and what she's doing here." Sam cautioned.

I was planning on that already. I just didn't really want to invade her privacy. Maybe if I just followed her around and got to know her. But if she tells me who she is then I'll have to tell her who I am. This wasn't going to be easy. I looked at the time. It was almost 10. I needed to get home before I was late. Again...

ASHLEY'S POV

Danny Phantom. There was something familiar about him. I felt like I had met him before. Who was this kid? I went to my laptop and typed in the name. Hundreds of pictures and newspaper articles popped up. I skimmed through them.

So apparently this ghost kid was the town hero.

"Ashley? Are you in there?"

"Um yeah mom." I got up and unlocked the door. "What's up?"

"I haven't heard from you since you got home. How was school?"

"Oh it was fine." I answered but she had lost interest.

I followed her gaze behind me. She had focused in on my laptop. "Who's that?"

"That's Danny Phantom. He's a ghost. Apparently he fights all the ghosts that come into town. He's the town hero." I explained.

"Ghost!? Richard! I found our first victim!" My mom called to my dad.

Victim? "Mom! You can't hunt him! He's this town's hero. You can't kill a hero!" I don't know why I was defending him. I just met him! But there's something suspicious about him. I needed to find out what that was.

"Oh, alright. We won't hunt him but if he crosses into our territory he's fair game!"

I could live with that.

**********

That's it for this chapter! I hope you like it so far but if you don't, I promise it gets better! I already have 7 more chapters written but I'm waiting to publish them until this has more reads. Vote/Comment/Share
Thanks! <3
-Aly