Chapter 13

ASHLEY'S POV

It had been a few days and Danny never reappeared after I had watched him be tranquilized. I was worried. Anything could have happened to him. He could have been put into a coma or something much worse. I shuddered just thinking about that. I had to stop that. Thinking just made everything worse. I closed my eyes and tried to fill my mind with pleasant thoughts like unicorns and rainbows and stuff. Before I knew it I had dozed off.

~~~~~~~~~~

I awoke to a commotion. Voices were coming over the speaker. They were muffled so I couldn't quite understand what they were saying but they sounded frantic. The heavy stomping of boots were running outside of my cell. What the heck is going on? I thought to myself. The last time that I had heard a bunch of noise like this was when Danny had been first captured and was trying to escape. But that didn't cause nearly this big of a ruckus.

The officers had boarded up my windows so I couldn't see what was happening. The thought of not knowing what was happening just a few steps away and the thought of not knowing what had happened to Danny was eating at me. I had tried many times before to break out of this prison so it was useless to even bother anymore. As much as I hated to admit it, I was probably safer in here than I would be out there. For all I knew World War III could have just started.

I sat on the hard ground contemplating my choices. I could either a) try and bust out or b) sit here and rot. Maybe it would be easier to get out while it was so hectic because nobody would really notice my escape but then again there was the whole World War III scenario too. I had been in this prison for months...it was time to take a risk.

**********

And a cliff hanger!

I'm so sorry that this update took so long! I've been busy and have been trying to figure out what to write! Thank you guys for being so patient though! Love you all!

Comment, Vote, Follow, Share!

Thanks! <3

-Aly