Chapter 4

Annie's P.O.V.
I wake up at 7 just in time for Katie and her family to start moving in. I'm so excited. My best friend is going to be my next door neighbor!

30 minutes later
"Hello neighbors!" My family says when Miss Jill opens the door. The just moved in and the movers are setting the furniture down where they go.

"Annie! Want to go to my room?" Katie asks me.

"Of course!" I respond already heading up the stairs. Their house is the same layout as ours so I think it'll be easy getting used to.

"Here it is!" Katie says happily. It's big like mine. There are boxes everywhere and the furniture is so pretty and put together. I gasp as I figure out why Katie is smiling so big.

"KATIE! YOU CAN SEE MY ROOM FROM HERE AND I CAN SEE YOUR ROOM FROM MINE!!!!" I scream jumping up and down.

"I know I'm so excited!!!!! We can even make a secret code with flashlights or objects!!!" Katie yells back.

"YESSSS!!! Now show me the rest of the house", I say pointing my hands to the door.

"Well then, follow me!" Katie says walking like a soldier. I follow her out of the room and down the hall.

"So this is Brennan's room." Katie says opening the door exposing Brennan unboxing his stuff and putting them where they need to go.

"Oh...Hey!" Brennan says as soon as he sees me. He starts to turn red and goes back to what he was doing.

"Well okay. Now in the next room we have Ryan's room" Katie says opening the door. It sounds like something loud is going on in there. When the door opens all you see is Ryan panicking and he is in the push up position then his arms let go and he falls to the ground.
That must of hurt.

Katie and I look at each other and giggle a little bit.

"Hey Ryan, whatcha doing?" Katie asks as we are in his doorway.

Ryan turns to us and is really panicking now. Ryan makes a noise and it sounds like he is not breathing very well. He puts his hands around his neck. Oh my goodness he's choking!! Katie must realize it too. We scream for help. Brennan runs out of his room and takes over what Katie was trying to do.

I run to the top of the stairs. "Help help! Ryan is choking!" I scream down the stairs. That finally gets there attention. In a split second, they all run up the stairs.

"Oh my goodness!" Miss Jill and mom say as soon as they see him.

"Call an ambulance!" Miss Jill says.

"No need. Watch this." Dad says kneeling down taking over for Brennan.

Dad picks Ryan up, puts his hands right below his ribs and pulls toward him hard. Ryan regains his balance then dad tries it again. This time Ryan spits out whatever he had clogging his throat, making him choke. Miss Jill runs over to him immediately, as Ryan is trying to catch his breath.

"Are you okay?" Ryan nods his head.

"What was that?" Brennan asks looking down at it.

"Well, right before Katie and Annie opened my door, I was eating pretzel m&m's, I threw one up in the air wanting to catch it in my mouth. When it landed in my mouth, it went straight to the back of my throat. Then I started choking. I was trying to get it out by myself cause I couldn't move. That's what Katie and Annie saw. You know what happened after that." Ryan said shaking and trying so hard to hold back tears. Miss Jill was still hugging him.

"How did you know what to do?" Katie asked Ryan.

"In school, we learned to go in the girl push up position, then just let your arms fall and try to hit the ground as hard as you can. So I tried to do that."
Ryan said letting down a few tears.

"That's good to know if we didn't walk in" I say. We all agreed.

"Well I think that proves no more candy" Miss Jill says. We all chuckle at that.

Author's note-
That was a longer chapter than usual. That choking thing, is real and do that if you choke while alone. That's some science for you suckers. Hope you enjoyed! Let me know what you think or want you want to see in the comments below!

xxx, Maddie