Chapter Eight

The Paw Patrol had just arrived at city hall when Mayor Goodway came out from her office.
        "Oh Ryder, thank goodness you're here. The decorations are ruined," she said.
        "Don't worry mayor, we will help set up the party to be better than it was," Ryder responded. "Everest, head on up to Jake's for ice. Zuma, go look for lost decorations," Ryder said.
"You got it Ryder," they both said as they hopped in their vehicles.
        "Skye, use your wings to fly the balloons and banners up to the top of city hall. Rubble, we will use your crane to hang up the other end. We will put up Marshall's ladder so Rocky can secure it in place," Ryder said.
        "Ok Ryder, will do," they all responded.
        "Anything I can do sir?" Chase asked.
        "Not right now Chase, I think we got this," Ryder responded.
        "Oh, ok," Chase said a little bit down.
        "Ryder, I'm headed back with some more balloons I found in the bay," said Zuma through his pup tag.
        "Ok we will fill them up when you arrive," Ryder responded. Rocky, Skye, Marshall, and Rubble had finished their job of hanging things up. "Hey Rocky, can you make us an air pump?" Ryder asked.
        "You got it Ryder, I sure can," Rocky responded.
        "Great, now what else needs to be done," Ryder said to himself. Just then, Zuma arrived with the balloons he found.
        "Here you go Ryder," Zuma said.
        "Air pump is ready," Rocky said.
        "Ok pups, now that we have the balloons we can start to fill them," Ryder said as he placed the balloons on the end of the pump nozzle.
        "Ryder, where should I put the ice sculpture?" Everest asked as she jumped out of her vehicle.
        "Oh, Everest, perfect timing. Put the sculpture in the freezer for now, we will get it out tomorrow when the party starts," Ryder answered.
        "Hey, where did Chase go?" asked Marshall.
        "I don't know, I told him to stand right over here," Ryder said puzzled. "I'll try to contact him through his pup tag. Chase, Chase, can you hear me, Chase?" Ryder said through his pup pad to Chase's tag.
        "Hi Ryder, look at the tree above you," Chase said through the tag. Ryder did so and found Chase climbing down the tree with Cali on his back. "I found Cali stuck up here so I decided to help out. I tried to tell you but you were to busy with the decorations, so I went ahead and dos it anyway," Chase said.
        "Ok, at least you didn't run off," Ryder said.
        "I would never do that Ryder, and I hope you know that," Chase said.
        "I know you wouldn't, but you never know," Ryder responded. "Anyway, that's all the decorations pups, let's head back to the lookout," Ryder said. The pups all howled in joy.