Chapter Twelve

When the girls arrived at city hall, they saw Chase, Marshall, and Ryder standing together by the food tables. Zuma and Rocky were talking to a few stray pups. Rubble was over at the all you can eat buffet. As the girls approached, they saw Chase, Marshall, and Ryder look up at them.
"Hey guys," Katie said.
"Hello," the boys said at the same time. This earned a small chuckle from the girls.
        "Katie, I need to talk to you for a second," Ryder said.
        "That reminds me, I need to tell you something Skye," said Chase.
        "Everest, I kind of need to tell you something," said Marshall.
        "What's up," the girls all said at once.
        "Privately," said the boys all at once.
        "Skye, let's go over to the tree," said Chase.
        "Ok," said Skye following Chase to the tree he was talking about.
        "Everest, let's go to the park and talk," said Marshall.
        "Ok," said Everest as her and Marshall walked off.
        "I guess I'll tell you right here since the others left," said Ryder.
        "Ok, so what's up?" Katie asked.
        "Well, I kind of hope this doesn't ruin things but, I l-l-like y-yo-o-u," stuttered Ryder nervously.
        "Guess what Ryder, I like you too," Katie said almost passing out from excitement.
        "Really, does that mean-" Ryder started before being interrupted.
        "-Yes, this means we are boyfriend and girlfriend," Katie squealed. Ryder was so happy, he just hopped the same would happen for the others. Speaking of which, let's see how Marshall and Everest are doing.
        "Everest, I hope I can say this without messing up. Alright here goes... I like (gulp) you," Marshall said nervously.
        "Yes, dreams do come true," Everest said.
        "Does that mean you like me too?" Marshall said excitedly.
        "Yes!" Everest screamed. "Does that make us boyfriend and girlfriend?" she asked.
        "Only if you want to be," Marshall said.
        "Of course I want to be!" Everest said ecstatically. Marshall turned his head to look at Ryder who had a huge smile on his face. They met eye contact and both knew it went well for each other. The only one left was Chase.
        "Now that we are alone, there is something I kind of wanted to tell you, but I don't want to at the same time" Chase said.
        "Just say it," Skye encouraged.
        "Alright, well, I've had a crush, on a pup, and I'm looking (gulp) at t-t-that pup," Chase said while waiting for a rejection.
        "Chase, I like you too," Skye said.
        "It's okay if you don--, wait, what?" Chase said confused. "Did you say you like me too?" Chase said.
        "Yes Chase, I did," Skye answered.
        "Skye, do you want to be my girlfriend?" Chase asked.
        "Of course I will!" Skye yipped. Chase turned his head while smiling and saw that Ryder and Marshall were smiling. He knew that they had all done it. He let out a small howl.
        "What was that for?" Skye asked.
        "Well, Ryder and Katie are now a couple. Marshall and Everest are as well. We set this up over the last few days. That's why we kept going into Ryder's room," Chase explained. With that, the new couples went back to the party to celebrate. And with that, the new couples were happy for the rest of eternity.