Chapter Eleven

About 5 hours had passed since Ryder had told everyone of Chase's ugly past. Chase and Ryder were leaving the lookout for the first time since telling the others. Chase was back to his normal self. It was almost dark, so Ryder decided to call the pups back for bed.
The next day, the pups woke up and Chase decided to sit alone during breakfast. Skye noticed this and moved next to him. She looked at him and asked,"So Chase, are you ready for the party later?"
        "Yep, it's going to be interesting," Chase said. Skye was confused but before she could ask what he meant Ryder had called Chase and Marshall over to talk. After a quick chat Ryder called Katie and asked if he could send Skye and Everest over to her clinic for a while. She didn't seem to mind so Ryder called Skye and Everest and told them that Katie wanted to see them for a little bit.
        "Ok Ryder, we will head over right away," Skye said. Everest was right beside her so she didn't need to tell her.
        "Let's go," said Everest.
        Meanwhile, Chase, Marshall, and Ryder were getting ready to give the girls their gifts.
        "I don't think I can do it," Ryder said.
        "You're fine Ryder. I'm sure she'll feel the same," Marshall said.
        "I sure hope so. I they all do for us," Ryder said.
        "Hope who does what?" Rocky asked. Rubble and Zuma had joined him as well.
        "Should we tell them," Marshall asked. Ryder and Chase nodded.
        "Look pups, Chase, Marshall, and I are going to tell the girls about our crushes. Chase likes Skye, Marshall likes Everest, and I like Katie," Ryder said. "Please try to keep this secret from them until we tell them at the party," he continued.
        "Ok, we won't say a word. You guys will do fine," Rocky said. Rubble and Zuma nodded in approval.
        "Thanks guys," Marshall said.
        "Anyway, shouldn't we get going, the party has already started," Ryder said. The pups howled in approval.
        When they arrived at city hall, their were couples from all over town there. Even farmer Al and Umi stopped plowing their fields to come to the party.
        At Katie's clinic, Katie noticed the time was 7. "Oh no, we missed the start," Katie said worriedly.
        "Don't worry Katie, we have until 10 before the party is over," Skye said.
        "Should we head over?" asked Everest.
        "I don't see why not," Katie said.
        "Ok, then let's go," Skye said.